Fighters who had the most success post PRIDE?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For some reason "we all know why" most fighters who fought in PRIDE didn't have much success post pride. Aside from Anderson Silva...who had the most success?

PS: Cro Crop and Fedor can't take heavyweight punches.

rampage-jackson.jpg

Vitor and Dan Hendo had some nice wins. From the UFC side, Robbie Lawler.

For some reason "we all know why" most fighters who fought in PRIDE didn't have much success post pride. Aside from Anderson Silva...who had the most success?

I hate you.
let me tell you about all the fighters that dont pass your pride eye test that came from the ufc. Mark kerr, mark coleman, 300lb vitor, kevin randleman, josh barnett and the list goes on and on.

Wanna know why most pride fighters dont have much success post pride? They got in constant wars in the gym and such and were very active, and the different rules of the organizations. UFC barely tested so gimme a break.

Now lets go over successes:
mark hunt, alistair overeem, hendo got title shots
Rampage, shogun, werdum, anderson silva were champs

and thats just those i can think of off the top of my head.

Then you have guys who did decent like big nog

I hate you.
let me tell you about all the fighters that dont pass your pride eye test that came from the ufc. Mark kerr, mark coleman, 300lb vitor, kevin randleman, josh barnett and the list goes on and on.

Wanna know why most pride fighters dont have much success post pride? They got in constant wars in the gym and such and were very active, and the different rules of the organizations. UFC barely tested so gimme a break.

Didn't Liddel fight in Pride??

Rampage - Champ
Shogun - Champ
Anderson - GOAT

It's the same story for every Pride fighter. "Oh they got old. Oh gym wars." No one ever blames on it the competition in MMA overall getting better. No it had to be just because they all got old over night!

Rampage

I hate you.

Don't forget an interesting detail those dumbasses always forget.
When Pride folded, who were the UFC champions?
BJ Penn, Hughes, Franklin, Chuck Liddell and Tim Sylvia.
Where are they now? (heck, just look at how much BJ has fallen, and he is the only one still fighting... and you want to talk about pride fighters??)

So if UFC's champions are all but gone or are irrelevant now, why do they think it is fair to demand Pride top fighters to remain at the top until now?

Plenty Pride fighters became top contenders or champions post Pride. In the UFC or elsewhere.

It is just their envy/hate that keeps them blind to how great they were.

Didn't Liddel fight in Pride??

he entered a tournament, got almost finished by alistair overeem (205) and then coma'd by rampage

It's the same story for every Pride fighter. "Oh they got old. Oh gym wars." No one ever blames on it the competition in MMA overall getting better. No it had to be just because they all got old over night!

Yea you do understand how time works...Look at what @Shaddows said. All the guys from the UFC are gone and most got sent out in embarassing fashion, Liddell and such. It is well documented that after years of combat sports, your chin and reflexes start to go. Then one day your recovery and chin crack and its all over.

And as far as getting better, I would say the training has so that career longevity may see an increase, although modern fighters are now taking the money and leaving whereas the old guard fought till they returned on their shield

Yea you do understand how time works...Look at what @Shaddows said. All the guys from the UFC are gone and most got sent out in embarassing fashion, Liddell and such. It is well documented that after years of combat sports, your chin and reflexes start to go. Then one day your recovery and chin crack and its all over.

And as far as getting better, I would say the training has so that career longevity may see an increase, although modern fighters are now taking the money and leaving whereas the old guard fought till they returned on their shield

I know exactly how time works, but I'm also not going to buy the idea that almost the entire Pride roster that came to the UFC got old over night when some of them did indeed have success. But, yes if you stay fighting far too long eventually you'll go out like that doesn't matter what Org you're from.

That being said the getting old go to excuse for Pride fighters who started losing as soon as they went to a different org is wrong. Sure age may have played a part, but so did fighting new and better fighters and MMA growing while they stayed the same.

That is a good one by technicality because Bob Sapp found a way to get paid for fighting without actually fighting. Bob Sapp via good game planning & financial savvy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back