BJ Penn got beat by a German Kickboxing Champion, absolutely no shame in that.

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dennis Siver looked rock solid tonight and would have given any top 10 145'er a run for his money on the feet.

That and it was a very close fight.

Round 1 was very close though I'd give the nod to BJ for cage control, but BJ clearly took round 2. You can argue that round 3 was a 10-8 round which should have made it a draw.

Oh well. Onto the next.

Neg brothman. And i love bj. But someone close needs to tell him its time

Looked so good in the 2nd just to gas and get spanked in the 3rd. Siver was landing anything he threw.

the last 2 minutes of the 3rd round were just sad

and I don't even like BJ

That was not a very close fight. BJ landed like 2 good punches

He looked fine in rounds 1 and 2n round 3 was just sad.

By that logic, Conor and Cowboy each murdered a German kickboxing champion.

There's no shame in it at all. Siver is a good fighter. It just proves that BJ is far from elite now.

I've always liked Siver. But, he looked better after 2 years, than I expected.

It's fuckin great to see Clay, and Siver come out with wins. Very enjoyable for me, on a personal level.

Dennis Siver looked rock solid tonight and would have given any top 10 145'er a run for his money on the feet.

Round 1 was very close though I'd give the nod to BJ for cage control, but BJ clearly took round 2. You can argue that round 3 was a 10-8 round which should have made it a draw.

Oh well. Onto the next.

Coming off a lay off longer than two fucking years, which is like forever in combat sports, and reaching 40.

Oh well. Onto the next.
But it's Dennis Siver.. you're talking about someone who beat Matt Hughes twice then loses to someone like Dennis Siver LMAO. if Siver beats you, you're just garbage.

The only shame is him forgetting he's a BJJ black belt and standing with him the whole time.

It's been a long time since he's been BJ Penn

Penn at his best wouldn't have even been a contest

Siver is a good fighter just like Mitrione is but people don't like to see former P4P contenders hang around 10 years past their prime losing to top 15-ish guys.

No shame in losing to siver. Huge amount of shame when you are 1-1 on rounds and do zilch in the third. Baby jay was done. And has been done for a looooong time.

I would agree if it wasn't the fact he had top position on Siver for over a minute and did fuck all...unreal. Even at his greatest strength he did nothing.

At least BJ didn't get entirely embarrassed. I didn't hear anything about this fight leading up to it around here -- I guess now that Max is the current source of homegrown pride, BJ is old hat. I really like Penn, but he's ruining his legacy and his noggin.

Stay retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back