People rip on Hendricks... but he's actually quite active

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Guy misses weight, has looked like a potato bag and performed pretty bad since USADA

But all that aside, I'm surprised how active he is. I wouldn't quite say he's "old guard" yet but he fought 3 times in 2016, this is his 2nd fight halfway through 2017, and he is actually comparably active to most other fighters, 5th fight in 18 months.

He's fought more often than Robbie Lawler, Matt Brown, Jake Ellenberger, Kelvin Gastelum, Neil Magny, Hector Lombard, RDA, Tyron Woodley, Tony Ferguson, Max Holloway, Edson Barboza and Stephen Thompson (albeit only 1 fight for wonderboy)

He's even tied with Cerrone right now (but once Cerrone fights Lawler he's ahead again with 6).

Even if the man keeps missing weight, I respect his consistency for showing up and taking fights. Most guys only take 1-2 a year now at the career stage hes in, but he keeps givin er

He's gotta pay all those fines somehow

If you consider holding the other guy down without any sub attempts and little GNP to be staying busy, then yes. Pin and Pray.

Was a huge fan. But he is the most unprofessional fighter in the UFC. Time to cut him loose and send him on his way.

Can his activity be measured in cheeseburgers consumed?

Dude needs to go on a fucking diet.

Missing weight isn't fair to his opponent and unprofessional.

So what?

He looks awful when he fights, he consistently misses weight, but you want to give him credit because the UFC keeps booking him on free TV fights? Congrats Jonny. Next you'll be giving him credit for his beer gut and bald spot.

You'd think with all this activity he'd be thinner. But NOOOOOO

Was a huge fan. But he is the most unprofessional fighter in the UFC. Time to cut him loose and send him on his way.

I cant wait to hear "I'm here in Bellator, and I'm finally glad to be competing against the best heavyweights in the world."

Meh.

It's starting to look more and more like he just shows up on fight night to collect a paycheck.

Anyone can do that. It's the training element that makes being "active" impressive.

Back