Wow Marinovich resurrected the dead

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 501827

This is impressive. He actually does look very much like the old BJ Penn again. The way hes fighting even to his demeanor and mannerisms in the fight and pre fight during introductions. Even though he lost he looked WAY better and came closest to finishing the fight. I was surprised how good Siver looked too honestly. BJ just doesnt mix it up enough though. All he does is box. Hes always primarily boxed but he used to mix it up more.
Still its good progress and a start. He needs to keep doing whatever he did for this camp and build on it.

build on it? are you out of your mind? i too wanna see him get that 3 division champ but its over man. he's gotta call it a day...just stop it.

Ffs he looked like a zombie with one hit point left during that 3rd round.

build on it? are you out of your mind? i too wanna see him get that 3 division champ but its over man. he's gotta call it a day...just stop it.

Yeah hes slowly righting the ship imo. Looked worst in Edgar 3, slightly better against Yair and way better against Siver. He actually looked like a pro fighter in this fight. Good contest.

Yeah hes slowly righting the ship imo. Looked worst in Edgar 3, slightly better against Yair and way better against Siver. He actually looked like a pro fighter in this fight. Good contest.

well that's probably because Edgar is top 5, Yair is top 20 and Siver is a 38 year old guy who hasn't fought for 2 years

This is impressive. He actually does look very much like the old BJ Penn again. The way hes fighting even to his demeanor and mannerisms in the fight and pre fight during introductions. Even though he lost he looked WAY better and came closest to finishing the fight. I was surprised how good Siver looked too honestly. BJ just doesnt mix it up enough though. All he does is box. Hes always primarily boxed but he used to mix it up more.
Still its good progress and a start. He needs to keep doing whatever he did for this camp and build on it.
what's your avatar from?

BJ should retire. Siver should get one more nice payday, he's been a good servant for UFC for about a decade and gets no love at all.

well that's probably because Edgar is top 5, Yair is top 20 and Siver is a 38 year old guy who hasn't fought for 2 years

No I mean imagine watching those fights without his opponent in the ring. Im sure the opponent level had something to do with it but it also had to do with BJ improving. Just focusing on BJs movements, mannerisms, confidence level etc between all those fights hes definitely improved. In Edgar fight he did the tippy toe thing and fought just totally bizarre, then against Yair he came down off the tippy toes and righted the ship a bit more and then against Siver he nearly looked like the BJ of old.

That was no Marinovich BJ.

Mere photo op.

Marinovich BJ crushes Siver

That was no Marinovich BJ.

Mere photo op.

Marinovich BJ crushes Siver

Not completely but definitely shades of him. I feel Marinovich did a lot with him. I mean consider what he had to work with. Definitely breathed life into the rotting corpse of the prodigy. But I agree 2009 BJ crushes him.

Back