Is Conor's power overrated , why couldn't he ko Nate and a journeyman did ?

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
This has me perplexed
Fought Nate more rounds but was unable to ko him

Yet a journeyman stopped Nate

He was a former strikeforce LW champ prior to fighting Nate though... Why do you say he's a journeyman?
Why was he able to ko nate while Conor couldn't ? Seems weird

Josh Thompson swung his leg like a baseball bat and Nate's head was leaning right into it. It amazes me Nate didn't actually go out (hence a TKO rather KO). The fight was fought at 155 also.

Josh Thompson swung his leg like a baseball bat and Nate's head was leaning right into it. It amazes me Nate didn't actually go out (hence a TKO rather KO). The fight was fought at 155 also.
Oh , so was the wieght cut a factor ? Yeah iron chin

This has me perplexed

It was a kick to the head and Nate never went out. Conor sat Nate's ass down a few times with his fists. And he slept Aldo with one punch. He has legit power.

Josh hit him flush in the head with a kick and Nate still didn't go out lol.

Why was he able to ko nate while Conor couldn't ? Seems weird

You kind of just dodged and answered my question with another question. Thomson KO'd Nate because his head kicks hit harder / are more KO worthy than Conor's hands.

But again, why do you say Thomson is a journeyman?

Kick power versus punch power. Simple.

Have you ever trained in martial arts? If you have you should know better. If not, go to a local mma or muay thai gym. Find the hardest puncher and the hardest kicker in the gym. For scientific purposes have the puncher and the kicker both hit you in the thigh as hard as they can. Let me know which hurts worse; the kick or the punch.

This has me perplexed

Thompson caught nate with a fluke high kick and got an extremely fast stoppage...If you doubt conor's power, all you have to do is go look at wiki and see how many 1st round ko's he has...and how many ko's and stoppages he has....That eliminates the need to ask a stupid question.

Because every fight is exactly the same. The circumstances never change.

Honestly, I'm going to assume you've watched at least one MMA fight. No need to watch any others, you've seen everything you need to see.

OP comparing a flush head kick to punches and Thompson is a journeyman?? Someone take this dude behind a barn and euthanize him.

You kind of just dodged and answered my question with another question. Thomson KO'd Nate because his head kicks hit harder / are more KO worthy than Conor's hands.

But again, why do you say Thomson is a journeyman?

Punches stopped the fight something Conor couldn't do

Back