Can Dominick Cruz beat CoGar in a rematch?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
CoGar definitely got the best out of him, specially in the 4th round, but Cruz is smart and with the right adjustments I think he can do it.

I think so. The guy could be the 135 GOAT if he didn't have all that bad luck.

1) Ban for CoGar
2) Cruz has nothing for Cody

Mhmm it's possible considering I have Cruz a couple of rounds, but it did seem Cody let him off the hook a little so who knows what happens if he turns it up

Easily. Cruz pieces up CoGar in the rematch.

TJ and Cruz would both whoop CoGar.

Codys just a really bad match up for Cruz. Impeccable TDD, top notch cardio, and his hand speed is too much to deal with. I'm not sure what adjustments Cruz can make to win tbh.

I guess he's gonna have to hope TJ wins.

With a better gameplan, easily.

Cruz' biggest mistake was meeting Cody in the middle of the cage. Cody came into that fight to be a counterstriker, Cruz should have adjusted and turned it into a Woodley vs Wonderboy II affair. An intense chess match between two high level guys.

If Cruz fights for points, he can beat Cody in the rematch.

I'm not sure what Cruz would change from the first fight.

I think so too. I rewatched Cruz-Garbrandt recently and I changed my mind a little. The first time I saw it,it looked almost like a total domination from Cody....rewatching it,I felt it a lot more close. I think Cruz started to lose the match when he started playing Cody's game when he taunted him and absolutely lost his mind when he got knocked down. And despite this,he won the 5th round! I really would like to see a rematch,just to see how Cruz would approach the match.
A big factor for me was also Cruz underrating Cody. A lot of people,me and Dom included,thought he was a one dimensional overrated boxer....he showed good kicks and excellent defensive grappling. He would face him in a very different way in a rematch IMHO.

Cody really surprised me and convincingly won that fight. Dom is a smart fighter and can make adjustments but I want to see him take on Assuncao or Lineker while Garbrant vs TJ happens.

Back