Why PED's don't disqualify you from being GOAT

AldoStillGoat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm tired of reading about who should be included in the goat conversation and who shouldn't so I decided to tackle the problem for my sherbros.

I keep reading that those who have been busted for PED's cannot be included in the GOAT conversation and decided to answer this once and for all... and hopefully I can go back to lurking on Sherdog without having my blood pressure rise up and be forced to make a post

If a fighter is tested and is caught to be doping, he/she should still be included in the GOAT conversation. If a fighter is tested and is NOT caught doping, he/she should also be included in the GOAT talks.

Here's why:

USADA is not the be it and end all for PROVING who cheated and who didn't. Didn't Brock receive delayed USADA testing? Didn't UFC/USADA give Overeem an IV pre-fight? You cannot prove that USADA is an unbiased entity. Are there not fighters in the UFC cheating who haven't been caught yet? Just because someone hasn't been caught YET doesn't mean they never cheated. Just because a Fighter is tested by USADA and is not caught, doesn't mean that they aren't cheating and deserve to be mentioned in the GOAT talks.

Sounds conspiracy like .. a lot of what if's... which is PRECISELY why we need to define GOAT fighters as a whole irregardless of whether they cheated or not until we can properly divide them into different categories. As of now, we cannot reliably divide the fighters into categories of cheaters and non-cheaters.

The fact is, no one can reliably say whether Fighter A fought with PED's and Fighter B didn't. Therefore, any deserving fighter should be included in GOAT talks, regardless of whether they got caught cheating or not.

Last edited:
yeah and honestly they should just let people juice already

<{JustBleed}>

I think the only question here is who is your second favorite fighter? Silva?

Because you are obviously a huge nuthugger that needs his fav fighters to be GOATs...so when Aldo exited that convo you latched on to your #2. Do tell who it is?

I think the only question here is who is your second favorite fighter? Silva?

Because you are obviously a huge nuthugger that needs his fav fighters to be GOATs...so when Aldo exited that convo you latched on to your #2. Do tell who it is?

My favorite fighter is Wanderlei Silva who isn't even GOAT talks

Let's get this out of the way since people will want to focus on that instead of the thread topic

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson
5. Aldo

Now that that's out of the way... let's stick on topic.. I know it's hard... focus

I'm tired of reading about who should be included in the goat conversation and who shouldn't so I decided to tackle the problem for my sherbros.

I keep reading that those who have been busted for PED's cannot be included in the GOAT conversation and decided to answer this once and for all... and hopefully I can go back to lurking on Sherdog without having my blood pressure rise up and be forced to make a post

If a fighter is tested and is caught to be doping, he/she should still be included in the GOAT conversation. If a fighter is tested and is NOT caught doping, he/she should also be included in the GOAT talks.

Here's why:

USADA is not the be it and end all for PROVING who cheated and who didn't. Didn't Brock receive delayed USADA testing? Didn't UFC/USADA give Overeem an IV pre-fight? You cannot prove that USADA is an unbiased entity. Are there not fighters in the UFC cheating who haven't been caught yet? Just because someone hasn't been caught YET doesn't mean they never cheated. Just because a Fighter is tested by USADA and is not caught, doesn't mean that they aren't cheating and deserve to be mentioned in the GOAT talks.

Sounds conspiracy like .. a lot of what if's... which is PRECISELY why we need to define GOAT fighters as a whole irregardless of whether they cheated or not until we can properly divide them into different categories. As of now, we cannot reliably divide the fighters into categories of cheaters and non-cheaters.

The fact is, no one can reliably say whether Fighter A fought with PED's and Fighter B didn't. Therefore, any deserving fighter should be included in GOAT talks, irregardless of whether they got caught cheating or not.
Paynebringer?

Paynebringer?
maxresdefault.jpg

My favorite fighter is Wanderlei Silva who isn't even GOAT talks

Let's get this out of the way since people will want to focus on that instead of the thread topic

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Anderson
5. Aldo

Now that that's out of the way... let's stick on topic.. I know it's hard... focus

Your thought process is so flawed that the topic is lost and you look like an idiot.

How does this sound to you?

The justice system is flawed. We cannot know for 100% who is a murderer and who isn't. We know that there are murderers walking amongst us who have not been caught. So what is the point in administering justice to known murderers if other murderers are not being punished? Ergo, society shouldn't punish any murderers.

The correct answer is, "idiotic"...keep trying, you'll get there.

I will never give a shit about fighter's taking PED's because there are legal substances that gives fighters an advantage anyway.

Your thought process is so flawed that the topic is lost and you look like an idiot.

How does this sound to you?

The justice system is flawed. We cannot know for 100% who is a murderer and who isn't. We know that there are murderers walking amongst us who have not been caught. So what is the point in administering justice to known murderers if other murderers are not being punished? Ergo, society shouldn't punish any murderers.

The correct answer is, "idiotic"...keep trying, you'll get there.

Stopped reading when you compared the judicial system to UFC/USADA

Here's why:

The fact is, no one can reliably say whether Fighter A fought with PED's and Fighter B didn't. Therefore, any deserving fighter should be included in GOAT talks, irregardless of whether they got caught cheating or not.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back