BJ Penn was Aaron Pico

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hyped before his debut. First non-Brazilian BJJ champion. Nicknamed "The Prodigy".

image_crop.php

20150225072526_5D3_9661.JPG

Except he won his first fight and went on to win titles in two weight divisions. We'll see if Pico can bounce back.

Bellator better hope he bounces back, otherwise, they'd have lost a shit ton of money.

Renan and Cub lost their debut.

Pico could be great or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

There is only one true MMA prodigy, Jon Jones.

Such a nice, young prospect, he has a bright future ahead of him.
Ooops, not an Erik Silva thread.

True but you don't go far in MMA if you have a suspect chin. Pico folded after the first punch

Pico never won anything as prestigious as the adult mundials.

True but you don't go far in MMA if you have a suspect chin. Pico folded after the first punch
That shot was right on the chin. It would've hurt most fighters. I'm gonna have to see more from him before I jump to any conclusions

Jacare and Glover both got knocked out in their first MMA fights as well.

Kid's got a lot of time to develop.

No. The way pico was raised to fight from an early age very seriously at very high levels leaving school and fighting all over the globe is pretty unique.

When it's all said and done, Pico and hopefully Velasquez, Gastullem, Cejudo will be apart of the Mount Rushmore of MMA.

Pico is weird looking. I was glad to see him lose embarrassingly.

No. The way pico was raised to fight from an early age very seriously at very high levels leaving school and fighting all over the globe is pretty unique.

Yes and no, he started training very early, and probably is skilled. But to go up against grown men with a size and strength advantage in a real fight is a different test

Bellator and his sponsors trying to figure out if they can sue him and get their money back.

He probably got paid more than most UFC fighters make during the past few years.

Pico went like he was too confident and sure he had been served a can
He also proved that his chin isn't granite made

is that a fact? shit...then its even more unique the way "the altar boy" baptized him.

the rookie was in heaven but brought back down to earth from the sins of deceiving to sell tickets and knock people out. GOD sent "the altar boy" to humble him and tell him he is a disciple and not the son. the chosen one is in the name of Zach Freeman.

Last edited:
Really disappointed in his debut. They hyped this kid beyond belief and then his debut was over in 24 seconds with him on the business end of a guillotine. Still interested in seeing him fight and grow as a fighter. But I wouldn't be surprised if he never makes it to the UFC.

Back