Who has better raw Muay Thai: Platinum Mike Perry or Edson Barboza?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both are national champs of MT and very explosive MMA strikers. I am a bit biased since i'm a huge fan of Barboza, but I'll have to give the edge to Platinum Mike Perry.

Edson has better leg kicks for sure, but PMP has better boxing(black belt), knees and elbows, which makes him a more complete 8-point striker. The Flint native also has a deadly clinch game whereas Barboza doesn't show much of it. IMO in a potential fight between them, Platinum Mike Perry bullies him with his black belt hands and scores the KO in the end of the 1st round

Perry's a boxer despite of his title. Poor kick defense, good hands. Edson's closer to MT or kickboxing. Not a good boxer, but deadly with kicks. Him.

The switch kicks of Barboza are the definition of muay thai.
Barboza.

Bitch please!!! Platinum don't play around!!!

Just kidding. Barbosa has some of the best most fluid striking in all of mma!!!!!

Platinum would ko Barboza stiff.

But Edson has the better MT.

That weirdo Perry ain't even close to Barboza.

The Thai people weren't accustomed to the boxing heavy attacks that Ramon Dekkers incorporated in high level muay thai, but they were forced to respect it.

Better 8 point attack imo is still from Barboza

I am with you TS. The fact that Mike has finishes in the UFC via three different methods (elbow, knee and punch) in his first four fights there is incredible. Edson is the most deadly striker at LW though.

r2Zfpdu.gif

<Deported1>For even thinking up that question, much less typing it.

Obviously this discussion is too one-sided.
Platinum being second 2 none.

How is this even a question?!? <{katwhu}>
This... Perry is a brawler, his style consists of winging and slinging with good power. Not remotely close to technical requirements of MT.

Both are national champs of MT and very explosive MMA strikers. I am a bit biased since i'm a huge fan of Barboza, but I'll have to give the edge to Platinum Mike Perry.

Edson has better leg kicks for sure, but PMP has better boxing(black belt), knees and elbows, which makes him a more complete 8-point striker. The Flint native also has a deadly clinch game whereas Barboza doesn't show much of it. IMO in a potential fight between them, Platinum Mike Perry bullies him with his black belt hands and scores the KO in the end of the 1st round
Good effort, no belts in muay thai so you'r black belt point is ilifacto (might of just made this word up)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back