Wanderlei/Chinzo Machida BJJ black belts

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
I am just wondering, is it my own misperception, or are they not as good as what black belts should be?

hughes subbed almeida and put a beating on gracie... hes legend though.

Chinzo is a 5-3 40 year old guy who's been subbed by nobodies so I'd say his BJJ black belt is fake.

However Wandy has been competing in MMA for 2 DECADES and fought some of the best grapplers to ever grace the mat and NEVER been subbed in his entire career.

Him not being able to do anything with Sonnen has more to do with fatigue and showing up out of shape rather than skill.

You don't face/beat guys like Arona and Saku in their prime(holding your own in the grappling exchanges) and have your black belt questioned.

#FACTS

imo the game has evolved so much that most fighters that train full time are black belt levels in BJJ. The bjj game has also evolved from when Wand and Machida got their black belts.

Black belts are not really a sign of skill anymore, I mean a 45 year old office worker can receive a legit black belt after 10 years of training consistently, but that 22 year old competitive purple can beat him.

let's just say wanderlei's blackbelt had a lot more "juice" to it back then

Black belts are not really a sign of skill anymore, I mean a 45 year old office worker can receive a legit black belt after 10 years of training consistently, but that 22 year old competitive purple can beat him.

084.png

With all due respect, remind me to NEVER train at your local BJJ gym m8 lol

Chinzo is a 5-3 40 year old guy who's been subbed by nobodies so I'd say his BJJ black belt is fake.

However Wandy has been competing in MMA for 2 DECADES and fought some of the best grapplers to ever grace the mat and NEVER been subbed in his entire career.

Him not being able to do anything with Sonnen has more to do with fatigue and showing up out of shape rather than skill.

You don't face/beat guys like Arona and Saku in their prime(holding your own in the grappling exchanges) and have your black belt questioned.

#FACTS

wut....since when did Wand hold his own in those fights grapplingwise...no one who's seen those matches would come to that conclusion....didn't get subbed yes...but ....that's little far fetched thing to say...

imo the game has evolved so much that most fighters that train full time are black belt levels in BJJ. The bjj game has also evolved from when Wand and Machida got their black belts.

That 45 year old is going to suffocate the purple belt

084.png

With all due respect, remind me to NEVER train at your local BJJ gym m8 lol

What? you think some 55 year old black belt of any level cannot be beaten by a high level purple belt that competes? you are the one delusional about belt colors translating to skills without considering things like age, athleticism, previous grappling experience. The purple belt I saw was a very high level Judo player before he switched to BJJ.

Eddie Bravo subbed Royler as a brown belt too.

wut....since when did Wand hold his own in those fights grapplingwise...no one who's seen those matches would come to that conclusion....didn't get subbed yes...but ....that's little far fetched thing to say...

A) he almost armbarred Saku in his prime(their first fight) while out scrambling him in a few exchanges

B) The win over Saku in their second fight came via injury due to a takedown from Wand.

C) Arona couldn't do ANYTHING in Wandys guard and Wand reversed position on Arona and took top control in their rematch more that once.

Not saying he outgrappled them or even close, but he definitely held his own.

Again, you don't go through 2 DECADES and 50 MMA fights (NEVER being subbed) of fighting some of the BEST this sport has offered and have your black belt questioned.

What? you think some 55 year old black belt of any level cannot be beaten by a high level purple belt that competes? you are the one delusional about belt colors translating to skills without considering things like age, athleticism, previous grappling experience. The purple belt I saw was a very high level Judo player before he switched to BJJ.

Eddie Bravo subbed Royler as a brown belt too.

Totally true. Belt colours don't mean shit. I got my black belt under Melvin Manhoef after 3 years and James Toney subs me all the time in training.

#FACTS
Wandy was also juiced to the ears during pride. What's his record in orgs that drug test?

#FACTS
I don't think it is fatigue. What Wand did against Chael is exactly how you fight grapplers. If you maintain that position with a grappler in a real fight, nothing will happen, he will on top of you and do nothing significant, the neighbors or the police will come and separate you, and everybody will move on with no damage.

That is what Conor did against Chad Mendes and that is what Anderson Silva does when never he is grounded.

It is the best approach. Instead of wasting energy trying to get up, which puts you at a higher risk of being submitted.

From watching fights, I beginning to notice that staying in full guard and controlling the opponent's head is the best position when you are on your back.

It is hard to be submitted, even by black belts, in that position, and by controlling the head, the opponent can't strike with any significant power, so he will just tire himself out, plus, you maintain your energy by not using too much gas to get up.

People who've never trained questioning the legitimacy of belt ranks belonging to fighters at the highest has to be the most annoying threads on sherdog.

Wandy was also juiced to the ears during pride. What's his record in orgs that drug test?

Yeah because juice = automatic Sub Defense against an ADCC Champ and The Gracie Hunter.

PS: since you're talking about flying unicorns passing off other speculations as facts here's one I'm sure you might like...

Technically Wandy has NEVER tested positive for Steroids

Prove me wrong

Protip: You can't

<GinJuice>

#FACTS

BJJ skill has always been subjective but Chinzo looked horrible on the ground. My buddy was a decent HIGHSCHOOL wrestler and won the local BJJ tournament against "blackbelts" by just using his wrestling for control. That doesn't mean he's black belt level though.

When I saw Chizo on the ground last night I was thinking BB my ass.

Yeah because juice = automatic Sub Defense against an ADCC Champ and The Gracie Hunter.

PS: since you're talking about flying unicorns passing off other speculations as facts here's one I'm sure you might like...

Technically Wandy has NEVER tested positive for Steroids

Prove me wrong

Protip: You can't

<GinJuice>

#FACTS

The gif of Wanderlei on the turnbuckle is proof enough.

You know the exact one I'm talking about.

Back