Chael's biggest win: Shogun, Paulo Filho, Wanderlei or Bisping?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what u guys say? Imo its my boy Shogun cuz he finished the fight :(

Filho. People forget Chael dominated the K-1 beast who destroyed legends like Andy Hug and Ernesto Hoost.

The filho fight doesn't count . When Paulo started talking to himself in the ring I don't consider that a fight , more of an opponent having a meltdown and the other guy capitalizes . Filho became his own worst enemy after that . Downfall of a top 3 GOAT middleweight . Sad

Sonnen's resume is quite impressive.
Nevertheless those guys are on decline.

Shogun. And the strange thing is, nobody ever talks about that fight. I think people intentionally erased it from their memory banks.

Filho was wacked out on drugs. While it looked really good on the resume at the time, it was like he had entered the cage already defeated.

I agree with Pwent that his Anderson loss was his most impressive. My mouth hit the floor as Shael molested Anderson. Scored a couple of those rounds 10-8.

As far as win goes....probably Shogun, overall but the Nasty Nate and Okami wins were incredibly solid, as those guys were something like the number 1 and 2 contenders.

Filho was ill. Wand's done. Bisping's been a career fringe contender up until the recent fluke. Shogun was on the way down but was and is still crafty. Him out of those, but Okami was the closest to his prime. Then Marquardt.

he subbed a 'black belt'

No need for the quotation marks around black belt. Have you seen how Shogun was able to control and mount henderson, along with outgrapple three time ADCC champion Ricardo Arona on the ground...

Shogun hands down...
was favored to win other 3..He opened up a small favorite over Mauricio but on fight night was a small underdog and more importantly, made quick work of shogun to the tune of tapity- tap.

Nate the great and Okami were big wins at the time.

Filho was wacked out on drugs. While it looked really good on the resume at the time, it was like he had entered the cage already defeated.

I agree with Pwent that his Anderson loss was his most impressive. My mouth hit the floor as Shael molested Anderson. Scored a couple of those rounds 10-8.

As far as win goes....probably Shogun, overall but the Nasty Nate and Okami wins were incredibly solid, as those guys were something like the number 1 and 2 contenders.

Marquardts only real loss in like the previous 5 years was Anderson. He had a BS split loss to Leites but had just KO'd Maia. Could make a case for that as Chaels best win.

He beat Oleynik too.

Shogun but i was absolute shock watching him fight Anderson the first time.

When i was first seeing my gf the fight was on my bday so i wanted to watch it. She knew nothing about MMA but i went on telling her avout how much he trash talked Andy and how he will prob get violently ko'd. Not the case and super exciting fight. Great mma memory for me for sure.

Marquardts only real loss in like the previous 5 years was Anderson. He had a BS split loss to Leites but had just KO'd Maia. Could make a case for that as Chaels best win.

He beat Oleynik too.

Always thought Nasty Nate would be the guy to dethrone Anderson.

He definitely could have done better than that shitty performance at Stacked.

I thought he earned a title shot when he blasted Maia into bolivian, seeing as it was a title eliminator but props to uncie Shael, he came in and UD'd Nasty Nate legitimately.

I was just as surprised as Jogan as the fight played out. It was weird because while Shael controlled the ground action the majority of the fight, Nasty Nate was blasting him in the stand up.

It's ironic that people say Anderson was saved from lack of wrestlers at MW, because Sonnen's the biggest kryponite was also wrestlers. He beats or can beat anyone that doesn't have a wrestling background, when he faces Rashad, Jones, Tito even he just gives up because he can't take them down

Back