Fedor Proved Last Night He Can Still Hang With the Big Boys

TheTimeIsNotNow

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Knocking down a top 10 heavyweight is extremely impressive at his age.

9 times out of 10 Fedor springs back up and finishes Mitrione first. He still has a lot to offer the HW division.

Who would you match him up with in his first UFC fight?

Henderson struggling to make 206 lbs.

Totally.

usa_today_10130124.1498363549.jpg

Knocking down a top 10 heavyweight is extremely impressive at his age.

9 times out of 10 Fedor springs back up and finishes Mitrione first. He still has a lot to offer the HW division.

Who would you match him up with in his first UFC fight?

I love Fedor but he needs to hang it up. The generational shift in MMA occurs much much faster than other sports. He has nothing left to prove and everything to lose

I'm a big Fedor fan but please shut up with this nonsense

Put him in there against Chael. He will KO Chael pretty quick.

Respect to Fedor as always. And it was crazy that of all the fighters in all these years, Matt freaking Mitrione will have a win against him in his resume. If someone told me this when Matt was in TUF, I would never believed it.

What? He got stopped in mere seconds. Fedor proved last night that he should hang up the gloves, something his fans have known for years. Every fan of Fedor was dreading last night. The result seemed as inevitable as the sun rosing this morning.

It was kinda like McGregor knocking down Aldo, and at the same time Aldo landed a huge punch - while his brain was shutting down. Only Mcgregor has a chin, and Fedor doesn't.

If McGregor had the chin of Fedor, he would have been knocked down alongside Aldo, and who knows what would have happened? Aldo could easily have recovered, laid some gnp on McGregor and finished him. Boom, history changed. Now Aldo is fighting Mayweather, and Conor is back on wellfare.

to me it seemed like Fedor was so bored with Meathead's power that he couldn't help himself from falling asleep right after

Put him in there against Chael. He will KO Chael pretty quick.

It was a bizarre call out by Chael. Calling out a guy who just has lost. Publicity stunts as always

It was a bizarre call out by Chael. Calling out a guy who just has lost. Publicity stunts as always

I didn't mind the call out. Fedor is still a big star. Everyone thinking Chael did it because Fedor got knocked out but Chael would have done it regardless. People can hate on Chael all they want, but he will fight anybody.

As far as Fedor goes, I think he's still decent. Mitrione is just at another level these days.

Back