Volkan Oezdemir is 1 win away from a title shot. (He's there now.)

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

What a rise from this relatively unheralded fighter. Comes in on very short notice and beats OSP, then he sleeps the big prospect in Circunov. With his next fight against Manuwa coming up shortly, a win would put him next in line for the title.

Oezdemir-manuwa-wish-granted.jpg

Can Volkan do it?

10077679.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible weight division, going weaker by the minute.

I tink he fights Alex next if he bets Manuwa

If he beats OSP, Cirkunov, and Manuwa consecutively then he deserves it. But if Jones wins title then 100% Gus is going next.

He either has ridiculous Carwin-like power, or Cirkunov's chin is going to be a major liability throughout his career.

I think Alex is ahead of him but if he beats Manuwa he should be next in line after Gus. I don't expect him to win though. OSP was a legit but beating the overhyped Cirkunov means nothing.

I tink he fights Alex next if he bets Manuwa

He should.

If ever a division should be re-hashing the proven names before the unproven guys get a shot it's LHW.

Volkan has a couple nice wins but i'd give it to Alex before him even if he beats Manuwa.

I think Alex is ahead of him but if he beats Manuwa he should be next in line after Gus. I don't expect him to win though. OSP was a legit but beating the overhyped Cirkunov means nothing.

Beating OSP and Cirkunov are the same thing. Both can get koed.

Misha can easily beat a lot of guys at LHW still and the perception of him will change. Even Stipe got flatlined by Struve.

If Volkan wins yes he should get the winner of Jones/DC

But the UFC has had a hard on for a Jones/Gus rematch for years now so Gus will get.

I thought OSP should've won by decision but his last KO was impressive and OSP fight was on short notice. I think Manuwa will beat him, but Oezdemir has a good chance, its the striker vs striker matchup.

I thought OSP should've won by decision but his last KO was impressive and OSP fight was on short notice. I think Manuwa will beat him, but Oezdemir has a good chance, its the striker vs striker matchup.
Indeed, the OSP fight was very close.

Knowing the UFC, they'll probably give him the cold shoulder in favor of another undeserved title shot for Gus. Just like they did with Bader.

In theory, sounds about right but probably wont go down like that. If he beats Manuwa,expect him to have to beat another top 5-6 guy to get through the maze .

I like it when guys climb the rankings this quickly.

Fuck it.. if he somehow beats Manuwa he deserves a shot

I think he's gonna be the next champ and will probably end up all time top 5 p4p .

Back