Fedor got beat by father time more than anything else

emema

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A lot of time when a fighter loses people blame that theyre old and past their prime when in reality they are just fighting better competition (like Aldo losing to Max). In Fedors case however its clear that his chin is gone :( In Fedors young days he would have easily took that punch from mitrione and would win easily. In fact, in most of his losses he was still very competitive. However, that chin is shot. Its time to retire GOAT thanks for the memories.

giphy.gif

god damn it , if wasn't for father time fedor wouldn't have so many loses OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS :rolleyes:

I just saw the fight this morning. Its just hard to accept. :/

In fact, in most of his losses he was still very competitive.

Debatable. The Werdum fight, well, getting subbed in no time is hardly being competitive.

Bigfoot, Fedor won the first round, barely, but got destroyed in the second. Wouldn't call that particularly competitive.

Henderson, sure. But he still got finished in the first.

Mitrione? Got finished quickly. Hardly competitive.

That's all of his losses. Basically it's a huge stretch to say he was competitive in most of them.

god damn it , if wasn't for father time fedor wouldn't have so many loses OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS :rolleyes:

4 losses hardly qualify as "so many losses".

It's just that there are next to no quality wins, too.

I would rather take that beating from father time than that Big Foot beating.

Father time is just part of the excuse.
Refusing to update your game has caught him more than anything else.

I know Hendo is old but no reason to call him father time, that is just mean

He truly did

His reflexes were slower than Mitriones on the double knockdown

Fedor having a great chin is a myth, or he wouldn't have got stanky legged by Fujita, who had never thrown a punch before.

Not really. He already looked mediocre in his early 30s. If anything, a decline came from bad training practices.

Also, you need to be careful to seperate Fedor from his mythos. He was never invincible, one needs to resist the temptation to lean too heavily on the "Prime" alibi.

It happens. If they fight long enough they eventually start to lose more often. Look at guys like Lidell, Anderson, Arlovski and so on. GSP you better stay retired because you are next.

What is frustrating and upsetting that we didnt get to see what Fedor can do. Fight was only one min. I still believe Fedor can still do stuff.

It went just about how Aldo vs McGregor would have looked fast forward 10 years.

Back