Why was Jens Pulver hated?

Kim Jong Un

Absolute Boss
@Brown
Reaction score
I just watched his fight with Cub Swanson and when he won by submission everyone was booing and when he was doing the post fight interview the crowd started chanting "Fuck you!" at him. I always thought that kind of thing was reserved for Chael Sonnen type heels.

thats what happens when they serve alcohol at events!

I just watched his fight with Cub Swanson and when he won by submission everyone was booing and when he was doing the post fight interview the crowd started chanting "Fuck you!" at him. I always thought that kind of thing was reserved for Chael Sonnen type heels.

I remember that fight, but don't remember the booing.

Jens wasn't hated, period.

Jens has always been a top favorite of mine, had a VERY hard life growing up turned it into a positive. Met him at a WEC event years back and could not have met at a nicer person hands down.

His documentary Driven that can be seen on YouTube was great and gave a lot of insight about him as a child growing up in an abusive home and his way of thinking. Here is a short clip of it, def worth checking out!

Last edited:
lived in a trailer park i believe

People couldn't handle seeing the Little Eagle soar.

I just watched this fight. He was cheered throughout. I don't think they were saying "F you" at the end; it's not easy to make out for me right now.
Anyway, saying he was hated based on this crowds reaction seems a little impetuous.

Always liked Lil Evil. Loved the John Lewis one punch Ko. And he beat Penn!

jens was actually a beloved fighter by many of us and is extremely nice in person he would actually go out of his way to make sure every fan got a picture.

I just watched the replay and after fight interview. He was all class. He was even super-nice to Cub after the fake injury shit talk. You can hear a little at the end but to me it just sounds like the butt-hurt Cub-hugger section of the crowd.

As for the hate for Jens, In my experience I've really only seen it from BJ fans and MFS fighter camp haters. He's always been very emotive about his life and career, but you would be too. The guy had a really horrible upbringing and turned himself from a turd to a solid rock. Fighters like Jens and BJ were wrecking guys and setting new standards at 145 when Conor was spiking his breast milk with whiskey. I think he's pretty much universally respected.

I think the 5 or so people that were booing, just during the replay, maybe because they wanted the fight to last longer than 30 seconds or they were Cub fans.

I like the guy but not sure if he just rubs people the wrong way

Back