If an elite boxer like Kovalev can get tired out by smaller opponent Ward,what wil happen to Conor?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ward and Floyd are pretty comparable. Both defensive geniusses with elite cardio, elite fight iq, but without a lot of koes.

Ward faced the bigger guy with an elite chin, great boxing and immense power (he actually killed someone in the ring)in Kovalev, tired him out, and finished him.
Floyd has to fight a bigger opponent too in Conor. Only difference is, Kovalev is elite in boxing, Conor is a bum compared to that level.

If an elite boxer like Kova can get tired, what will happen to Conor who isn't used to that world level boxing pace?

Conor will gass out fast and eventually get koed or get standing tkoed.

Nobody expects Conor to win a decision. He could potentially land in the first two rounds

Very unlikely. If he doesn't he will lose very badly

Nobody expects Conor to win a decision. He could potentially land in the first two rounds

Very unlikely. If he doesn't he will lose very badly
I've seen a lot of people say Conor will lose by decision because Floyd is 'pillowfisted'. They're in for a big surprise lol.

I've seen a lot of people say Conor will lose by decision because Floyd is 'pillowfisted'. They're in for a big surprise lol.
I think he can possibly take it to deicison.. If he does it will take a lot of heart. He's going to be in for a long night

Floyd also lets guys hang in there
He won't put himself in danger to finish. A big reason why he is undefeated. He simply doesn't put himself at risk

I think he can possibly take it to deicison.. If he does it will take a lot of heart. He's going to be in for a long night
I highly doubt that, he has suspect cardio, let alone with those heavy gloves and the pace Floyd will set. And we haven't even mentioned that missing shots and getting hit in the face will tire you out really quick too.

I highly doubt that, he has suspect cardio, let alone with those heavy gloves and the pace Floyd will set. And we haven't even mentioned that missing shots and getting hit in the face will tire you out really quick too.
It's 12 rounds right?

Surprised Conor didn't negotiate for 10 or even 8

Ward and Floyd are pretty comparable. Both defensive geniusses with elite cardio, elite fight iq, but without a lot of koes.

Ward faced the bigger guy with an elite chin, great boxing and immense power (he actually killed someone in the ring)in Kovalev, tired him out, and finished him.
Floyd has to fight a bigger opponent too in Conor. Only difference is, Kovalev is elite in boxing, Conor is a bum compared to that level.

If an elite boxer like Kova can get tired, what will happen to Conor who isn't used to that world level boxing pace?

Conor will gass out fast and eventually get koed or get standing tkoed.
You mean hug him, work the body, and hit him low while the ref turns a blind eye. For fuck sakes guy seeing how you don't feel like saying it I will it's fucking Floyd Mayweather Jr vs a guy who had problems with Nate Diaz Mayweather is going to retire Conor.

Agreed OP. I think Conor is gassing at around, if not before the half way point. Floyd is obviously not a big puncher, but he isn't pillow fisted either. And he will tag Conor regularly, both to the body and head. And with Conor swinging at air with virtually every shot he'll throw. Yeah, he's gonna gas badly. I'm thinking the towel comes in around the 7th or 8th in an absolute mismatch.

fighting ward must be exhausting, he hugges you everytime you throw and punches your nuts

fighting ward must be exhausting, he hugges you everytime you throw and punches your nuts
You mean hug him, work the body, and hit him low while the ref turns a blind eye. For fuck sakes guy seeing how you don't feel like saying it I will it's fucking Floyd Mayweather Jr vs a guy who had problems with Nate Diaz Mayweather is going to retire Conor.
Funny you guys forget to mention the massive right hand which made Kova do a little dance lmao.

Floyd also lets guys hang in there
He won't put himself in danger to finish. A big reason why he is undefeated. He simply doesn't put himself at risk
Conor will be a punching bag after the 5th. He will have cardio for 3-4 rounds and get humiliated after

What do you mean?

I'm with you, I think Conor probably gets dropped quick or gets tired and dropped.

I just don't think Kovalev getting tired against Ward means too much. I imagine Conor is going to change is out-put and is seemingly the type of fighter to be aware of production/gas. But that's not gonna save him.

It's a longer fight, more rounds, he has to change his pacing and if he thinks he can win a decision, needs to steal rounds by being offensive. He's fucked.

Funny that fightyou guys forget to mention the massive right hand which made Kova do a little dance lmao.
yea pillow fisted ward magically became a power puncher for that fight, all around shady as hell, kov should have fought him in russia

Conor will be a punching bag after the 5th. He will have cardio for 3-4 rounds and get humiliated after
I'm not saying otherwise. I just think he can make it to decision.

Also not saying he will. It really depends on how Floyd fights

Everyone knows that Floyd will smash Conor.

Why do people make stupid comparisons like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back