Lack of respect by CoGar on TUF.

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Since the beginning of time, people war, compete and fight. thats cool.

CoGar and TJ were supposed to fight until CoGar pulled out or ran--whcihever. that is also cool.

What is not cool is how CoGar cannot get over himself enough to respect the fighters on the show and his own team.

For those of you who havent seen the episode, recently, JT Money and Heger were announced to fight and weighed in and squared off.

The show is called TUF redemption, principally because the contestants have another shot at fighting in the world's premiere fighting organization.

The premise of the show is that fighters--the contestants--have teh opportunity to redeem themselves.

For the sake of ratings, the two coaches (in CoGar's case, i use the word 'coach' quite liberally) have beef, either real or manufactured.

During JT's and Hader's weigh ins, CoGar could not, for the sake of or out of respect for his fighter or out of respect for JT Money shut the fuck up, couldnt stop beaking and chirping at TJ, and as a result, the weigh ins and subsequent staredown between two fighters that are fighting in what might be the biggest fight of their careers was overshadowed by CoGar's ego, need to be loud, and TAM.

I get it--he doesnt like TJ, but have at least a modicum (for the average sherdogger's benefit, that means small or modest amount) of respect and decency and shut the fuck up.

CoGar has had a big fight that he managed to win, he fought for the belt on PPV, and these things might seem workaday or inconsequential to him, but this is not about him, its about the fighters.

CoGar's ego robbed two fighters working their asses off to realize a dream of their moment in the sun, and that is unacceptable. He needs to realize that not everything is about him, and learn, for teh sake of others to STFU from time to time.

Completely and utterly classless.

Lol Who cares about those 2 bums facing off.

yet another fulsome and thought provoking post from Nateswhiteknight. Sorry, I read that wrong--Natesblackshirt.

thanks for taking the time to contribute.

It was embarrassing. Felt sorry for Taylor and Hayder. It was like their weigh in was a backdrop to two 10 year olds having a tantrum.

It was embarrassing. Felt sorry for Taylor and Hayder. It was like their weigh in was a backdrop to two 10 year olds having a tantrum.

it really was.

i have no doubt that successful fighters have significnat egos and levels of confidence--theyd have to to step in the cage, but that was deplorable.

Not sure why anyone is giving you shit for having that opinion. It's clear that is what happened. Cody is a dickhead.

Wtf is this CoGar nickname....it's just terrible and I don't get it why Sherdog is sticking with it.

I lack respect for the kids calling him COGAR

almost as bad as TRIUS

Before this season of TUF I liked both fighters and didn't really give a shit about their drama. Now I still think Cody is a great fighter, but I will be rooting for TJ in the rematch.

Fuck off yiu pussy. You know why I'm snubbing you

I always read this "GoCar" name on Sherdog who the fuck is he? Pic? Haven't watched TUF since the Big Nog/ Frank Mir season.

yet another fulsome and thought provoking post from Nateswhiteknight. Sorry, I read that wrong--Natesblackshirt.

You're welcome. Where does me being a white knight fit into this?

No, he's right. The whole reason that they have coaches on that show is because thats who people tune in to see. Outside of the fights, the viewers are tuning in to see the interactions between the coaches. I'm sorry if you don't like that people aren't paying attention to the weigh ins, but thats the reality of the situation.

Didn't read OP yet, but I think it's disrespectful to call him "CoGar" more than anything else.

Reality show. It's all fake. Kim Kardashian probably has a Master's in engineering.

Since the beginning of time, people war, compete and fight. thats cool.

CoGar and TJ were supposed to fight until CoGar pulled out or ran--whcihever. that is also cool.

What is not cool is how CoGar cannot get over himself enough to respect the fighters on the show and his own team.

For those of you who havent seen the episode, recently, JT Money and Heger were announced to fight and weighed in and squared off.

The show is called TUF redemption, principally because the contestants have another shot at fighting in the world's premiere fighting organization.

The premise of the show is that fighters--the contestants--have teh opportunity to redeem themselves.

For the sake of ratings, the two coaches (in CoGar's case, i use the word 'coach' quite liberally) have beef, either real or manufactured.

During JT's and Hader's weigh ins, CoGar could not, for the sake of or out of respect for his fighter or out of respect for JT Money shut the fuck up, couldnt stop beaking and chirping at TJ, and as a result, the weigh ins and subsequent staredown between two fighters that are fighting in what might be the biggest fight of their careers was overshadowed by CoGar's ego, need to be loud, and TAM.

I get it--he doesnt like TJ, but have at least a modicum (for the average sherdogger's benefit, that means small or modest amount) of respect and decency and shut the fuck up.

CoGar has had a big fight that he managed to win, he fought for the belt on PPV, and these things might seem workaday or inconsequential to him, but this is not about him, its about the fighters.

CoGar's ego robbed two fighters working their asses off to realize a dream of their moment in the sun, and that is unacceptable. He needs to realize that not everything is about him, and learn, for teh sake of others to STFU from time to time.

Completely and utterly classless.
Agree alot with what you're saying....as Tyson preaches " you're in the hurt people business " so you go about your business a little differently here as supposed to pro tennis.

Ok, so maybe Uriah is telling the truth about everything and T.j. did the wrong thing full circle......youre the champion of 135, act like one and when you get your chances, you can throw a zinger at dillashaw here and there.........not incite a dust up EVERY SINGLE time the camera is on the 2 of you.Its actually embarrassing.

Whoever coined the term "Cogar" needs to discipline themselves with a knife and a blowtorch, then fuck off.

Back