Reaction score
Not MMAth, just comparing perfomances:
Aldo loses faster than Brimage, Brandão and siver against Conor
Stipe loses to Struve but destroys JDS
Overeem loses to Bigfoot but ko JDS
etc...

small glove = more flukes, the best fighter doesn't always win

Did you just rediscover mmath?

Statistics shouldn't exist divorced from context.

Brimage, Brandao and Siver didn't get dragged through a ridiculous World Tour's worth of Conor abuse to prime them into making a hasty mistake.

There's a fair amount of time and experience separating the Stipe that fought Struve and the one that rematched with JDS.

Cocky Overeem blunders into losses that more cautious Econoreem avoids.

Etc.

Nothing new in fight sports. People have days off, different styles, reach, southpaws, Are caught etc.

Take Hunt. A very good striker in UFC context, but he is way past his prime, has lost his chin, and is slower and less accurate. In kickboxing, he wouldn't be top 100.
In mma, he would probably lose to lesser MMA fighters Like Hari, Singh or even the much smaller Saki today. The same would probably Be the case with JDS. It is about styles. Nothing strange or. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Styles make fights. Just because your style is designed to beat one fighter it doesn't mean it can beat another and the fighter that you can beat might be able to beat the one you can't beat. I call this phenomenon the Trigg-Hallman-Hughes effect.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it's two guys fighting each other

Either can win.

You could even throw in someone untrained against a top guy. If they fought enough times the untrained guy will eventually get lucky and win

hqdefault.jpg

No, I'm talking about Aldo getting KO'd in only 13 seconds when Conor couldn't do the same to guys who aren't on the same level.

Because it was a fluke. That is not to say that Conor would not have won anyway, but the particular exchange that actually happened was absolutely lucky. Conor misread Aldo's feint in a fortuitous manner. It is not something that would happen again.

Because it was a fluke. That is not to say that Conor would not have won anyway, but the particular exchange that actually happened was absolutely lucky. Conor misread Aldo's feint in a fortuitous manner. It is not something that would happen again.
giphy.gif

Styles make fights. Just because your style is designed to beat one fighter it doesn't it can beat another and the fighter that you can beat might be able to beat the one you can't beat. I call this phenomenon the Trigg-Hallman-Hughes effect.

I wanted to call it the JDS>Werdum>Cain>JDS effect.
But then a fireman came and fucked it all up.

No, I'm talking about Aldo getting KO'd in only 13 seconds when Conor couldn't do the same to guys who aren't on the same level.

The punch that KO'd Also could have occurred at any time.
It just happened to be ASAP.
1 punch KO's are not about skill alone, it is also about a lot of luck as far as timing goes.
If Aldo did not throw a punch at same time, it would not have occurred in 13 secs.
Just Aldo's luck it did.

Back