Which is best?

• UFC

• Bellator

Results are only viewable after voting.

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Let's just settle this once and for all!

0226you-decide.jpg

the one with fedor and without duck johnson

Bellator is the next big thing.

If McGregor bounces after the Mayweather fight, and Rousey doesn't come back, they're pretty much at near-parity.

And if Bellator can hit one more major coup, like snatching a disgruntled top UFC star during free agency (IE: Anderson Silva) or luring Gina Carano back in to be their big WMMA star, it'll be a gamechanger.

Last edited by a moderator:
JN5A_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
This requires deep thinking? The current UFC is utter sh!t with their lax approach to rankings & belt, Bellator is now looking what the UFC was as they started gain momentum. I'm liking Bellator more and more as the fighting popstars of the UFC starts to fade into entertainment mma.

Still UFC by a long mile, but they need to step their game up

Bellator is the next big thing.

If McGregor bounces after the Mayweather fight, and Rousey doesn't come back, they're pretty much at near-parity.

And if Bellator can hit one more major coup, like snatching a disgruntled top UFC star during free agency (IE: Anderson Silva) or luring Gina Carano back in to be their big WMMA star, it'll be a gamechanger.
Names like McGregor, GSP, Jones, or Rousey are the only ones that would definitely put Bellator's name on the map.

Nobody remembers Carano and even casuals know Silva's time has passed.

Sadly, I feel that only Bendo/Rory level type signings are as high as Bellator will get. Not bad names at all, they just certainly won't elevate Bellator enough to be head-to-head with the UFC.

The ufc has the larger fanbase by far. I think both have good and bad points and will watch the fights that interest me from either. I am a fan of fighters not companies.

With that said, if we are going there anyway. Coker seems likable, Dana is a douchebag.

Nobody remembers Carano and even casuals know Silva's time has passed.
Gina Carano is arguably the biggest mainstream star associated with MMA.

288.jpg

Bellator already has the hardcore audience; they need the (much larger) mainstream audience.

Gina Carano is arguably the biggest mainstream star associated with MMA.

288.jpg

Bellator already has the hardcore audience; they need the (much larger) mainstream audience.
Oh know, I Googled her and saw that she was in a bunch of big movies. I made a yuge mistake saying that, my bad lol. I've really only seen her being talked about here.

Bellator's signings of Rory and Bendo pretty much got the hardcores on lock, no denying that. Only way Bellator can get the mainstream audience to care about them is with the much bigger names I mentioned. Getting that bigger audience is the only way they can hold a candle to the UFC.

To even compare them right now is crazy. The best card in Bellator's history has Chael vs Wand Main Eventing. I'd take two PPV's in just July alone over the best Bellator show in their companies history.

If McGregor bounces after the Mayweather fight, and Rousey doesn't come back, they're pretty much at near-parity..

not even close to parity.

number of top ten fighters per division (using fightmatrix global mma rankings)

Flyweight
UFC 9
Rizin 1

Bantamweight
UFC 8
Bellator 2

Featherweight
UFC 8
Bellator 2

Lightweight
UFC 8
Bellator 2

Welterweight
UFC 9
Bellator 1

Middleweight
UFC 10
Bellator 0

Light Heavyweight
UFC 7
Bellator 3

Heavyweight
UFC 10
Bellator 0

The only division where they are even slightly a rival to the UFC is light heavyweight where they have three fighters (Davis, Bader and Vassell). Every other division their lack of depth is shocking.

Even tonights event, yes, theyve put together a main and co-main with four recognisable names, but 3 of the 4 are well past their best, two are former ped cheats, and the matches are really nothing more than a nostalgic jerk off session for pride fans.

What about the rest of the card?

Chandler v Brent Premus (who),
Lima v Larkin,
Aaron Pico v some guy without a wikipedia page

Compare that with the UFC NY Card, UFC 202

McGregor v Alvarez, Woodley v Wonderboy, Joanna v Karolina, Romero v Weidman, Pennington v Tate

However much competition would be good for the UFC, Bellator arent even close

Bellator? You mean the organization that recently had a card main-evented by a pair of fighters with a combine age of 101 years old?

Bellator have made a lot of progress but they're far from there yet IMO. They're still hanging their hats on fighters that have been let go by the UFC, or fighters that retired in the UFC many years ago only to come back out of retirement. Them having the likes of Rory MacDonald is a promising sign but they'll need to do a lot more of that.

Bellator? You mean the organization that recently had a card main-evented by a pair of fighters with a combine age of 101 years old?

I didn't know they beat UFC's record of 100 - Randy Couture 44 and Mark Coleman 46 @ UFC 90*

*cited from memory

I like the structure, lack of bs, and professionalism of bellator.

The hype bs talk the wwe type showmanship all that crap can juat go away. Get back to the fights and making fights like it used to be.

Back