Josh Barnett Documentary

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Last night I watched a documentary about josh barnett, and how his trainer from New Orleans discovered that a corrupt fight promoter from Thailand paid someone to hurt his knee to scrap a superfight with Nathan Jones.

It felt more like a b-movie from the martial arts genre, but it was not bad--surprisingly real and even discussed barnett's family and at one point he is caught red handed cheating on her.

one of the oddest parts of teh movie was the translation of people's names in thialand. Josh barnett was translated in to brody james, and nathan jones was translated in to cesar varga. weird.

i dont want to spoil it for you guys, but i will say it was entertaining and illustrative.

no love for the warmaster?

im sure it was huge in japan.

Cliff Notes:

MG_5885.jpg

He bought steroids in Thailand?

well here is teh kicker--he thought he did, but his trainer from new orleans (a real "honour, grace, and karate guy), discovered this and replaced them with baby anacin (i didnt know they still made anacin) and replaced liquid steroids with water and food colouring.

the crazy thing is, josh thought it was working, so he worked super hard and got quasi ripped, but all based on teh placebo effect!!

<seedat>

It felt more like a b-movie from the martial arts genre, but it was not bad--surprisingly real and even discussed barnett's family and at one point he is caught red handed cheating on her.

So Josh is as sucessful at cheating on his g/f as he is at getting by roid tests?

So Josh is as sucessful at cheating on his g/f as he is at getting by roid tests?

maybe even worse because one of the chicks he was in bed with had a dick (i assume he wasnt trying to be with a guy with boobs and a johnson).

not even making this up!!

I actually enjoyed that film.
At this point i have studied so much mma and combat sports that i can't take seriously the action sequences in films anymore, this one was quite realistic, Barnett obviously knows how to fake a fight better than anyone.

I actually enjoyed that film.
At this point i have studied so much mma and combat sports that i can't take seriously the action sequences in films anymore, this one was quite realistic, Barnett obviously knows how to fake a fight better than anyone.

are you a pugilist?

Back