The Machida Era

congo'spython

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone looks back fondly on the great Machida Era. Was it the point that UFC hit its peak?

Discuss.

upload_2017-6-24_7-36-0.jpeg

Stop posting so frequently bruva or you will catch these hands

Gave us Shad face.

The Machida era lasted a whopping one fight. A fight he arguably lost.<{hughesimpress}>

The Machida era lasted a whopping one fight. A fight he arguably lost.<{hughesimpress}>
I know this is a troll thread but in retrospect, the Machida Era was actually his run up to the championship. Which was awesome.

I loved Machida. Nobody was doing hooks and foot sweeps simultaneously like he him. But his "era" was brief to say the least. After the Shogun fight he was never the same.

After drinking his fathers piss he was neva the same

But it began way before Rogan coined the term.

Machida was like a hot tech stock.
By the time he captured UFC gold and had everyone's attention, the party was over and he was poised to crash, bounce back, then crash harder.

The really smart people were "in" on the Machida Era before he even beat Sokodjou.

machida era is almost a sherdog joke in 2017

thinly veiled machida hate thread

But it began way before Rogan coined the term.

Machida was like a hot tech stock.
By the time he captured UFC gold and had everyone's attention, the party was over and he was poised to crash, bounce back, then crash harder.

The really smart people were "in" on the Machida Era before he even beat Sokodjou.
I acknowledge that he was undefeated going into the Rashad fight. I wouldn't really call it an era though, because it wasn't that impressive. To me anyway. Does that mean we are currently in the Ferguson era?

bones-chokes-machida.gif
The ending of a era....

I know this is a troll thread but in retrospect, the Machida Era was actually his run up to the championship. Which was awesome.

Until the Thiago Silva fight everyone on here hated Machida saying he was a boring decision point fighter.

Was never that excited about the guy, he was a point fighter who went on a short KO streak and it was easy enough to see it would be a matter of time before good gyms figured out his style and started beating him. Sure enough happened too.

Back