'He Has Too Much pride, Too Much Ego' Tyron Woodley on Conor McGregor

The difference between Conor McGregor and other folks who have ego issues, is that with Conor it is basically all for promoting himself. While personality traits he was born with benefit this persona, looking at his actual fights his trash talking ways and his actual performance do not match up whatsoever. He does not fight like he talks. He is incredibly technical and talented and well trained on striking and the fight game itself - not a "Beat YO ass Thug Lyfe" style fighting but dominating his opponents with impeccable precision and technique. On the other side of things, he uses this flamboyant approach to get into his opponents heads, and while you may think to yourself "Oh cmon who would fall for that?" A pretty well known mixed martial artist by the name of Jose Aldo did just that.

He said it in a positive way. Title makes it seem like Woodley is trashing Conor.

I don't see anyone else in MMA talking themselves into a multi-million $ boxing match, so he must be doing something right.

"He has too much pride" = "I wish I had as much self confidence and competence to do what it takes to make as much money as him."

Nate > Conor (via referee saving Conor's life) and Conor fans are the worst but it's time to root for Conor to K Floyd TFO

Not hard to get into Aldo's head or many MMA fighters.

I'm not one to defend Conor McGregor, but look who's talking!

Woodley has arrogance written all over himself.

EDIT: the title of this topic is deceptive, Woodley said it in a positive way

I'm not one to defend Conor McGregor, but look who's talking!

Woodley has arrogance written all over himself.

EDIT: the title of this topic is deceptive, Woodley said it in a positive way
So maybe it is better to watch/read interviews before jumping to a conclusion?

I think Woodley makes a valid point. I could see it.

But I could also see him just say fuck it. I am filthy rich now. Why risk my body ever again?

pot.jpg

Yup

Coming from Woodley... lol. Woodley talked his way into a title shot too. He's no different from Conor in the ego/pride department.

The difference between the two is Conor is an active fighter who will take any fight--Woodley, the opposite.

Coming from Woodley... lol. Woodley talked his way into a title shot too. He's no different from Conor in the ego/pride department.

The difference between the two is Conor is an active fighter who will take any fight--Woodley, the opposite.

Really Conor takes any fight -pretty sure hes had plenty of offers he's refused while on the wet lactating nurse routine.

Seems to be working pretty well for Conor eh?

T-money:Shamrocks may seem innocent but I feel Hitler in these streets.

Artem? Is that you?

The difference between Conor McGregor and other folks who have ego issues, is that with Conor it is basically all for promoting himself. While personality traits he was born with benefit this persona, looking at his actual fights his trash talking ways and his actual performance do not match up whatsoever. He does not fight like he talks. He is incredibly technical and talented and well trained on striking and the fight game itself - not a "Beat YO ass Thug Lyfe" style fighting but dominating his opponents with impeccable precision and technique. On the other side of things, he uses this flamboyant approach to get into his opponents heads, and while you may think to yourself "Oh cmon who would fall for that?" A pretty well known mixed martial artist by the name of Jose Aldo did just that.
<escalate99>

So maybe it is better to watch/read interviews before jumping to a conclusion?

I think Woodley makes a valid point. I could see it.

But I could also see him just say fuck it. I am filthy rich now. Why risk my body ever again?
Maybe.

Maybe also not make shitty deceptive titles for threads. Can argue either way.

I don't think Conor is going to stop. Even if he would get knocked out cold in the first round in the opening exchange.

If he stops fighting then, he loses all credibility and kills his image. Not good financially in the long run. The guy loves money, he ain't about to stop trying to make it.

Back