Bantamweight has finally become a deep division.

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cody Garbrandt
Dominick Cruz
T.J Dillashaw
Renan Barao
Jimmie Rivera
Raphael Assuncao
Thomas Almeida
Marlon Moraes
Tom Duquesnoy
Aljamain Sterling
John Lineker

It's one of the deeper divisions in the sport right now. It took awhile, but all the fight possibilities are pretty exciting.

I breathed a sigh of relief when DJ/ Dillashaw didn't materialize. Right when the division gets awesome Dillashaw moves to FLW. Fuck that.

I mean, am I wrong? Bantamweight is looking really good right now.

you're not wrong, also:
Vets Dodson and Caraway
Prospects Sanders and Johns

It's a great Division these days.

Don't forget Dodson is in the division too. Also Renan hasn't fought at 135 in a while, he's permanently at 145 I think.

It's a great Division these days.

Don't forget Dodson is in the division too. Also Renan hasn't fought at 135 in a while, he's permanently at 145 I think.

Barao is already booked to fight Sterling at 135

Barao is already booked to fight Sterling at 135
My mistake I had no idea, i would've never thought he would go back down. His weight cut isn't gonna get easier with the iv ban and getting older. I'd like to see him get back to his old form though.

My mistake I had no idea, i would've never thought he would go back down. His weight cut isn't gonna get easier with the iv ban and getting older. I'd like to see him get back to his old form though.
He was such a savage before TJ, hopefully he managed to do a better weight cut, I also feel his decline have been mental more than anything but yeah hopefully he can perform great next ☺

It was deep last year.

There are many more names you can add to the list.

I remember when people used to make threads about wanting to get rid of featherweight and bantamweight all the time, just like they do with flyweight now. Meanwhile 145 quickly became the best division in the sport and 135 isn't far behind.

Some divisions are more stacked than others but besides female 145 I think every division is very good,people just expect way more than they should.Just cause one guy rules a division cause he's amazing the rest of the division sucks lol,ok.The mma whining has gone up like 500% in the last 5 years.

DJ also has the following contenders lined up.
- Ray Borg
- Brandon Moreno
- Sergio Pettis
- Ben Nguyen
- Joseph Benavidez III

Plus there's a ton of new top fighters who've recently made their debuts.
- Magomed Bibulatov (14-0)
- Alexandre Pantoja (17-2)
- Deiveson Alcantara (12-0)
- Inoue Naoki (11-0)

That's even after 10 title defences.

Both divisions are going to be fine. Better off actually without a 'superfight'.

DJ also has the following contenders lined up.
- Ray Borg
- Brandon Moreno
- Sergio Pettis
- Ben Nguyen
- Joseph Benavidez III

Plus there's a ton of new top fighters who've recently made their debuts.
- Magomed Bibulatov (14-0)
- Alexandre Pantoja (17-2)
- Deiveson Alcantara (12-0)
- Inoue Naoki (11-0)

That's even after 10 title defences.

Both divisions are going to be fine. Better off actually without a 'superfight'.

Thank You. For every freakshow Conor-May "superfight" that casuals want to see, there's at least 3 "superfights" that no one asked for - Bisping-GSP, DJ-TJ, etc. UFC gets it right most of the time, but is too stubborn to admit when they get it wrong, and just dig their heels in and keep pressing the issue.

Take off Dillashaw. I have been told that he is the number one contender at flyweight.

Back