Will UFC benefit from Conor/Floyd fight? Make your prediction

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Obviously, it's ridiculously overmatched fight, where in my opinion Conor will need nothing short of a miracle to win it, so unlikely that I think Conor would have a lot better chance at beating Bisping in comparison, like incomparably so.

Yet, Conor is one party that seems to have almost everything gain to win from this fight. For Floyd, I'd imagine he can see how easy of a match up Conor is if he even ever bothered to look at his fight tape, and he does have a lot of financial gain to make, but has also everything to lose, if it does happen. I mean, there are frankly lot of unknowns in this fight, Conor's size and length, Floyd's inactivity, age, inevitable slow down, and possibly difficulty to take his opponent seriously due to his outrageously inferior skill sets, and sometimes, it just happens very sudden when you are just not able to do the things you used to do, especially when it comes to sports, and maybe Floyd's time is up, who knows.

Every party involved in this venture is obviously choosing to be part of it because they feel that it would be better to be part of it than not. Yet, when it comes to UFC's position, perhaps they have more to lose than Mayweather, and comparably less to gain. They are as a company already reaching a high level of popularity and enjoying already a mainstream status, and I doubt that in a long run the profit they would likely make from this fight is something that they couldn't do without.

Yet, the question really becomes, which I'd imagine that top bras of the company considered before making their choice, what if Conor gets destroyed so thoroughly and embarrasing manner, which should happen unless miracle happens and Floyd is not just the Floyd anymore.

On the other side, some people are saying Conor won't touch him. Of course he will. He will be able to touch him. It's ridiculous. Extremely unlikely with anything behind it, but it's a boxing match. Floyd isn't God. Conor can touch him. Just extremely unlikely with any consistency whatsoever or any damage behind it, unless a miracle happens.

I do like to point out, there has been greater upsets in sports though, given where Floyd is at in his career. I think sports clubs like Real Madrid losing to division 3 or 4 team is a greater upset than Conor beating Floyd at this time in his career, because one punch can end it all, and given the circumstance, the miracle may happen.

the end of Conor is not good for the UFC.

it doesnt matter how the fight goes,

this fast forwarded his mma retirement, and was dumb of the UFC to allow.

Diaz already proved Conor is a very beatable guy, so obviously they know guys like Khabib or Ferguson would absolutely destroy Conor. And he would have to make like 10 fights in the ufc to generate the same amount of money that he will generate with this boxing fight. So losing a boxing match against Floyd would still keep the hype up, whereas getting finished by Tony or Khabib would be bad for business. And we all know what happens to marketing products after the hype is over.
holmkorous.gif

rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

So with 1 or 2 more losses like the Diaz one, and Conor, his hype and the big ppv numbers would be over imo.
updqnhL.jpg

Yes... because I'll watch some old card on Fightpass instead of the McGregor/Mayweather bullshit.

ya conor is making UFC popular

article today had conor making 100 mill and May making 300mil. the fight itself is being talked about as breaking 1 billion WTF.........nothing to do with thread but WTF

Obviously, it's ridiculously overmatched fight, where in my opinion Conor will need nothing short of a miracle to win it, so unlikely that I think Conor would have a lot better chance at beating Bisping in comparison, like incomparably so.

Yet, Conor is one party that seems to have almost everything gain to win from this fight. For Floyd, I'd imagine he can see how easy of a match up Conor is if he even ever bothered to look at his fight tape, and he does have a lot of financial gain to make, but has also everything to lose, if it does happen. I mean, there are frankly lot of unknowns in this fight, Conor's size and length, Floyd's inactivity, age, inevitable slow down, and possibly difficulty to take his opponent seriously due to his outrageously inferior skill sets, and sometimes, it just happens very sudden when you are just not able to do the things you used to do, especially when it comes to sports, and maybe Floyd's time is up, who knows.

Every party involved in this venture is obviously choosing to be part of it because they feel that it would be better to be part of it than not. Yet, when it comes to UFC's position, perhaps they have more to lose than Mayweather, and comparably less to gain. They are as a company already reaching a high level of popularity and enjoying already a mainstream status, and I doubt that in a long run the profit they would likely make from this fight is something that they couldn't do without.

Yet, the question really becomes, which I'd imagine that top bras of the company considered before making their choice, what if Conor gets destroyed so thoroughly and embarrasing manner, which should happen unless miracle happens and Floyd is not just the Floyd anymore.

On the other side, some people are saying Conor won't touch him. Of course he will. He will be able to touch him. It's ridiculous. Extremely unlikely with anything behind it, but it's a boxing match. Floyd isn't God. Conor can touch him. Just extremely unlikely with any consistency whatsoever or any damage behind it, unless a miracle happens.

I do like to point out, there has been greater upsets in sports though, given where Floyd is at in his career. I think sports clubs like Real Madrid losing to division 3 or 4 team is a greater upset than Conor beating Floyd at this time in his career, because one punch can end it all, and given the circumstance, the miracle may happen.
SEE ROCKY 4.....Apollo Creed (Conor) vs Ivan Drago (Floyd) .....Floyd after the win "if he dies, he dies"

the end of Conor is not good for the UFC.

it doesnt matter how the fight goes,

this fast forwarded his mma retirement, and was dumb of the UFC to allow.

Conor was never good for the UFC.

Conor = Ronda in that regard.

When she got murked...guess what, the UFC moved on.

When Conor gets MUUURKED, The UFC will again...move the fuck on.

Good riddance.

Diaz already proved Conor is a very beatable guy, so obviously they know guys like Khabib or Ferguson would absolutely destroy Conor. And he would have to make like 10 fights in the ufc to generate the same amount of money that he will generate with this boxing fight. So losing a boxing match against Floyd would still keep the hype up, whereas getting finished by Tony or Khabib would be bad for business. And we all know what happens to marketing products after the hype is over.
holmkorous.gif

rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

So with 1 or 2 more losses like the Diaz one, and Conor, his hype and the big ppv numbers would be over imo.
updqnhL.jpg
Not to defend Conor, but facts are facts. Most of the blood in that picture is from Diaz and other fighters...he came back to get a win over Diaz (whether you think he lost or not)..and comparing him to Rhonda is the definition of over-exaggerating. All he has to do is put on exciting fights and if he gets tooled up, come back like he did before. But all that is mute anyway, because he already became a two division champ if only for one night....and will probably only come back for another Nate fight which is the only fight he can make a lot of money in.

Yep. Making money off this fight. And if Conor does a decent job, we could have more casuals on the bandwagon.

Back