False Memories About UFC/MMA

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who here has had false memories about MMA? A false memory is where someone recalls something that did not happen.

- I once thought that TJ Dillashaw fought in the WEC at one point. I guess I'm kind of used to all of the UFC BWs/FWs being former WEC fighters.
- I thought BJ Penn fought Clay Guida somewhere around 2009.
- For whatever reason, I thought Robbie Lawler won a Strikeforce title at some point

Of course, none of these ever happened. Just a mixture of things that actually occurred formed into one false idea.

Ronda's undefeated and an A-list Hollywood actress.

Thought Erik Silva was a hot young prospect ..

I'm pretty sure Sage Northcutt and Paige VanZant held the first ever inter-gender fight in the UFC and it quickly descended into them just fucking each other for three rounds.

The "F" in UFC was a normal F for a loooong time but apparently it's been with that fucked up F since UFC 1

I'm pretty sure Sage Northcutt and Paige VanZant held the first ever inter-gender fight in the UFC and it quickly descended into them just fucking each other for three rounds.
Only 3 rounds? DEFINETLY not championship material.

Sage would not be into that. Neither would his fanbase.

When I first began watching mma I went a few years thinking Tito slam KO'd Frank Trigg instead of Evan Tanner. That's the best I've got

Here's a few controversial views that, in my opinion, are grossly inaccurate.

The Rampage/Forrest Griffin fight was not all that close. Griffin won it clearly despite getting rocked in one of the rounds.

Condit won 3 or 4 rounds against Diaz but the popular and diplomatic way to end the sensitive conversation is to say it could have gone either way. That's bullshit.

I also remember thinking Cro Cop vs Sapp was an mma fight instead of kickboxing. No idea why

Did they break in between rounds?

I might get shit for this one, and I do think he was very skilled buuuuut...... Bas Rutten was some world beater.

Last edited:
That Big John McCarthy wore some fancy PJ's in the ring during the first few years of UFC.

Ken Shamrock actually won a title.

Ken won the UFC Superfight Championship and defended it twice. That was the equivalent of a title back in those days. There was no other "title" as we know it today.

One that I keep hearing was that Randy Couture outgrappled Brock Lesnar. Brock held Randy against the cage (beating him at his own game) most of the fight and got at least one clean takedown. He was winning the fight before he KO'd Randy.

Back