Darrell Horcher- On his UFC comeback after his horrific motorcycle accident

Jiujitzjosh

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This guy stepped in on 10 days notice to fight Khabib. Shortly after, he got in a motorcycle accident
061317-ufc-darrell-horcher-motorcycle.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

upload_2017-6-23_11-7-51.png

List of injuries sustained:

Kidney laceration

Liver laceration

Torn ACL’s (anterior cruciate ligament) both knees

Torn PCL’s (posterior cruciate ligament) in both knees

MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury in left knee and LCL (lateral collateral ligament) replacement in right knee

Bone graft on his right knee cap

Broken arm with compound fracture

Road rash

He now makes his return this sunday versus Devin Powell

Horcher's record stands at 12-2, with his only losses to the likes of Khabib Nurmagomedov and a decision loss to Phillipe Nover in Bellator. "The Saint" is someone to look out for at UFC Fight Night, this Sunday.

http://www.thepointaftershow.com/2017/06/darrell-horcher-return-ufc/

Man, one of the reasons I'll never own a motorcycle. If anything goes wrong, you're screwed. Poor guy.

How the fuck is he back so fast? Its been about a year since he did all that damage. Really hope for his sake this isnt to soon for him

I'm actually shocked that hes returning, not to mention so soon. Motorcycles are no joke and holy hell that list of injuries is insane.

Well at least he's fighting potentially the worst fighter in the whole UFC this weekend then right?
Free 16k for him !

And a sick pair of reebok shorts

And people say that Shogun should retire because he had knee surgery in the past.

God, I hate bikes, you're always with one foot in a grave.

Jesus, they basically just started with

p027b1pn.jpg

And pieced homie back together.

He has one hell of a spirit and will-power to overcome that and fight again, especially this soon.

Damn that's crazy. One of my friends lacerated his liver in a dirt bike crash, was in the hospital for a little whIle. That's more injuries than most people get in a lifetime.

damn, motorbikes are just suicide machines
little bit sand or one stone in a turn and no matter how pro you are - good luck

What was the cause of the accident?

Despite Pennsylvania not requiring motorcyclists to wear helmet

Freedumb. Murica!
(Horcher was wearing one though, it says)

Motorcycles are fun but super dangerous. A motorcycle also fucked up Mir. It's not worth it. I remember my uncle let me drive one of his motorcycles for fun. I wanted to buy it from him but my dad said no. Said motorcycles are way too dangerous. My dad was right.

Back