Could Gus be Bellator champ?

Who knows. What we know is he's had a lot of chances, and he's always fallen short. Against Jones, AJ and DC.

He might faIl yet again.

No. He will lose to Davis (again) and Bader.

He could.

Too bad we never got to see him fight Bader in the UFC.

Bellator should try hard to sign him. How many fights does he have left on his contract? With Bader, Gus and Phil gone that division just lost 3 top guys in the UFC.

Phil Davis beast Gus a couple years back and keeps looking better and better in every fight.

Doubt it.

The guy he just murked would be LHW bellator champ.

I doubt that.

At lhw, he's got his hands full too. They have quite a few good fighters and Phil Davis has already beat him
Heh, they're talking about doing Lashley VS Kongo for the HW strap. I don't think Gus has problems with either of those guys at this point.

LHW is a different story though.

Heh, they're talking about doing Lashley VS Kongo for the HW strap. I don't think Gus has problems with either of those guys at this point.

LHW is a different story though.
The division is still growing.. sure if you want to compare him to Lashly..

I think he has his hands full with Kongo.. Bellator also has Segei, Meathead, Fedor, and a couple other good up and comers.

Gus wants no part of those fights.. let's not pretend he would be champ at HW anywhere when he doesn't even fight at that weight.

He wouldn't fight Davis, so if Davis is champ then no. If it's against Bader then I'd say yes. He's way more well rounded than Bader and has pretty solid defensive wrestling.

The division is still growing.. sure if you want to compare him to Lashly..

I think he has his hands full with Kongo.. Bellator also has Segei, Meathead, Fedor, and a couple other good up and comers.

Gus wants no part of those fights.. let's not pretend he would be champ at HW anywhere when he doesn't even fight at that weight.
I'm not a huge fan, but Gus has such a youth advantage over the guys you listed I DEFINITELY wouldn't count him out.

When people bring up the Phil Davis fight, I wonder if they actually saw the fight.

Back