Your Majesty opens a free boxing gym

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
korona29.png

Angela Magana has been in the headlines a lot over the last several week’s thanks to her run-in with another fighter at the UFC athlete retreat but now, there is a better reason for her to make the news.

Around a month ago, give or take a week or so, Angela Magana was in Las Vegas attending the UFC athlete retreat with 400 or more of her work colleagues. The promotion brought the entire roster of fighters for the grand opening of a brand new facility which includes the new head office.

Now prior to this gathering of talent, Magana and Cris Cyborg had been in a war of words over social media. The words turned nasty when the two came face-to-face during the retreat. Cyborg punched Magana in the face and all hell broke lose. Police were involved and the case is currently on-going.

Magana has not been in action since July of 2015. So how did she suddenly get back into the frame? Where has she been? What has she been doing? Come with me and I will answer those very questions.

/

These two things put together made for a very uncomfortable few months prior to the fight and an even longer period of recovery post fight.

“I was injured before the [Waterson] fight,” Magana told cagepages.com in an exclusive sit down. “I had a broken clavicle and dislocated ribs. I was broken going into that fight and the only reason I agreed to the fight when I was broken was cause I needed to make some money to pay off my Lawyer bills. So I fought injured to wipe off that debt. I thought I would be strong enough on my one side and control things but I couldn’t’ control s**t in that fight.”

The struggle of being pretty badly injured before a big fight was made worse by Magana’s ex who decided to choose that particular point of her life to drag them both into a custody battle. A battle which affected all involved.

maxresdefault.jpg

The neighbourhood of La Perla is where Magana calls home, living and training. It is a very violent place known for its drug-related crime and gangs, a place that needed something new and fresh to help ease that violence.

A sea front property was given to Magana after an old drug lord was run out of the neighbourhood. A huge location perfect for a gym.

After meetings with government officials and other key figures in and around the area, La Perla Boxing was born. More than just a gym, Magana hopes it will get people off the streets, out of the violent activity and help bring something positive to their lives.

The classes will be free, there will be no costs for anyone. Here in Puerto Rico, nobody pays to learn how to box. If they want to box they can do it for free, in La Perla you don’t pay for lights or water so there will be no overhead costs running the gym. It will be run off donations, donations which keep coming in. People are donating bags, gloves, building equipment. It’s a beautiful thing.”

According to Magana the gym itself is growing at a very healthy rate and is probably about 4-months away from being complete. It will be a place of refuge, learning and teaching. Somewhere for the troubled youth to come and get away from the violence and turmoil that has been so prevalent throughout their childhood.

She got dat Michael Myers look to her, especially dem eyebrows.
latest

Of course the gym will be free. No one in their right mind would pay her for martial arts training or boxing lessons.

California, is nice to the homeless!
California, is super cool to the homeless!!

There was no "war of words" with Cyborg. There was Magana repeatedly mocking Cyborg on social media, making fun of Cyborg's looks while she was DOING CHARITY APPEARANCES FOR KIDS WITH CANCER. And there was Cyborg punching Magana in the face.

Can't stand either of them,but at least Cyborg can fight.

If I go train there does that mean I get to punch her in the face?

UFC-207-Nunes-v-Rousey.jpg

There was no "war of words" with Cyborg. There was Magana repeatedly mocking Cyborg on social media, making fun of Cyborg's looks while she was DOING CHARITY APPEARANCES FOR KIDS WITH CANCER. And there was Cyborg punching Magana in the face.
OMG, DID SHE REALLY MAKE FUN OF CYBORG'S LOOKS?

I can't believe someone would do such a thing?

Hey genius, even by your logic Cyborg cyber-bullied other people online, so fuck her...

California, is nice to the homeless!
California, is super cool to the homeless!!

Puerto Rico is in California now?

<TheWire1>

OMG, DID SHE REALLY MAKE FUN OF CYBORG'S LOOKS?

I can't believe someone would do such a thing?

Hey genius, even by your logic Cyborg cyber-bullied other people online, so fuck her...

Who gives a shit??? Cyborg ain't doing any jail time and got rewarded with a title shot next month.

{<jordan}

Cyborg should join and punch her in the mouth, again, for free.

Puerto Rico is in California now?

<TheWire1>

Who gives a shit??? Cyborg ain't doing any jail time and got rewarded with a title shot next month.

{<jordan}
Lol what the hell? All emotion and no point made reminds me of some people...

I love how they are both such great people now all of a sudden, helping homeless and children with cancer!

fake-news.jpg

No. I just joking. I applaud her for trying to help a situation for once… also, if she ever wants a romantic night out, I can accommodate… 10”!

Back