Does the UFC legitimately not care about Chris Weidman's health at all?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why are they letting him do this to himself? You'd think they'd sit him down and tell him to take some time off, dude hasnt just been racking up the losses but he's taking heavy damage in all of them, then jumping right back in.

Weidman should've taken a year off or so after the Yoel loss. I'm no doctor, but it's common sense I think anyone should have. That knee Yoel landed would've put lesser men in a coma, its one of the hardest shots Ive seen land in MMA behind the Hendo punch and a few other. Yet Weidman is back fighting in the octagon 6 months later taking more damage, while ironically Yoel hasn't fought since then. This really can't be good for his health, and it's sad to see someone can't sit him down and tell him to take some time off and heal up.

I really like Weidman and it's sad to see him taking damage like this and his employers just not giving a fuck. I can understand the man obviously wants to fight, or else he wouldn't be in there, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out he should take some time off.

The Chris The Whiteman was once the UFC's chosen one, but after a couple losses he has been thrown to the wayside like almost everyone else who loses.

He'll run through Kelvin trust me the reach and size disadvantage will be a difference maker.1st Round Weidman is legendary and he finishes Kelvin in the first.

I can see Weidman using his size or getting lit up on the feet similarly to what happened to Tim Kennedy at 206. But yeah, its crazy because that Romero knee was wicked and landed flush

If the UFC cared about their fighters they wouldn't allow BJ Penn to continue fighting. I think hes the best example right now that they only care about money and not the well being of their fighters

JUST BLEED!
HHUECoM.jpg

Since when the UFC cares for the health and overall brain damage his fighters sustain??

they just LET THEM BLEED.

Needs money to pay for that double storey house mortgage in long island.

There's no friends in the fight business, even if Dana White tells you otherwise.

I don't think Weidman Sr cares also

If he's your boi!
Then lock him in the basement where Gastelum cant get to him

It's not really their job to care. These dudes are world class competitors who often alter their lifestyles as they make more money. They gotta get paid....and some of them just have to compete....

Why are they letting him do this to himself? You'd think they'd sit him down and tell him to take some time off, dude hasnt just been racking up the losses but he's taking heavy damage in all of them, then jumping right back in.

Weidman should've taken a year off or so after the Yoel loss. I'm no doctor, but it's common sense I think anyone should have. That knee Yoel landed would've put lesser men in a coma, its one of the hardest shots Ive seen land in MMA behind the Hendo punch and a few other. Yet Weidman is back fighting in the octagon 6 months later taking more damage, while ironically Yoel hasn't fought since then. This really can't be good for his health, and it's sad to see someone can't sit him down and tell him to take some time off and heal up.

I really like Weidman and it's sad to see him taking damage like this and his employers just not giving a fuck. I can understand the man obviously wants to fight, or else he wouldn't be in there, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out he should take some time off.

You read like some SJW asshole. Weidman is a fighter, he signs to fight when he and him team are ready.

Weidman needs to make up for lost time.

Yeah , true , but did you know , that to his dad " HES STILL MY BOY!!!" Means a lot . Really.

That's been something I've been thinking about since his latest fight was announced. Was going to put it in my UFC thoughts thread I created about 2 mins ago. He's fought a legit murderers row, can't think of anyone else that's done a run like this off losses. Think there should have been a bit more care taken with him. But at the same time, he needs these fights to get back to the belt. Tough one. Good thread.

Back