When Lil Nog retires, what will be his legacy?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think he's a bit under appreciated compared to some of his Pride contemporaries. Probably because he was never able to be a champion like his brother.

Still I fucking love that guy. When he wasn't having trouble with injuries, he was always ready to throw down. Lil Nog has some of the best boxing we have seen in MMA.

So what are your opinions on Lil Nog and his career?

tumblr_lwopoh3vhr1qbkjyfo1_500.gif

The guy who had an amazing fight with Shogun and the guy who got knocked the absolute fuck out by Sokoudjou

Could never quite get to the top but FUCK did he have some awesome fights, win or lose.

Armbar on Henderson is one of my favorite fights of his. And of course the Shogun wars!

a bit of all of the abobve. very good but never great fighter, never quite living up to his potential, his fight with Shogun, and his older brother.

i haven't run a "GOAT top 50" in LHW lately, but he's certainly above the likes of Jardine & Matyushenko, certainly below the likes of Arona & Evans. i'll guess he's about 20th.

a bit of all of the abobve. very good but never great fighter, never quite living up to his potential, his fight with Shogun, and his older brother.

i haven't run a "GOAT top 50" in LHW lately, but he's certainly above the likes of Jardine & Matyushenko, certainly below the likes of Arona & Evans. i'll guess he's about 20th.

But MMAmath bro, he beat Evans. I kid I kid.

you should say "when he retires", "if" implies thr possibility that he keeps fighting till he dies of old age.

Baffles me he never got near the success of his brother despite being an equally tremendous fighter. Too injury prone.

I think his legendary status is secured, along with his brother.

For both Big &"Lil" Nog:

Attachments

• IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1
Back