ufc fight night 112: Its about to get real Herrig v Kish

Nicely written. Herrig seems more Zen since her layoff, whereas before she used to kind of fold when the fight wasn't going her way. I take her by UD, prolly 29-28, by being more experienced.

Nicely written. Herrig seems more Zen since her layoff, whereas before she used to kind of fold when the fight wasn't going her way. I take her by UD, prolly 29-28, by being more experienced.

Same

ty for reading, try to make sure female fighters/wmma gets its due regarding legitimate analysis of fighters/fights and the ancillary things connected to it.

I like Felice. And I think you are right in pointing to this fight as being important to her. But I'm rooting for Kish nonetheless, and I think she'll beat Herrig.

I think Herrig has yet to show the ability to beat physically strong, very athletic opponents. Beating Grasso was impressive, but Grasso is more about technical skills rather than being an athletic beast.

You said that "The clinch is both Herrig’s safety zone -- the control, positioning, and balance allows her to neutralize the power and athletic advantages opponents have -- and her biggest source of offense on the feet." The big problem for Herrig is that Kish has a vicious Muay Thai clinch game with slicing elbows and greater strength. I don't think Kish is a favorable stylistic match up for Herrig.

ty for reading, try to make sure female fighters/wmma gets its due regarding legitimate analysis of fighters/fights and the ancillary things connected to it.

WMMA gets far more than it's due. This is low level garbage and should be shipped back to Invicta.

200w.gif

I like Felice. And I think you are right in pointing to this fight as being important to her. But I'm rooting for Kish nonetheless, and I think she'll beat Herrig.

I think Herrig has yet to show the ability to beat physically strong, very athletic opponents. Beating Grasso was impressive, but Grasso is more about technical skills rather than being an athletic beast.

You said that "The clinch is both Herrig’s safety zone -- the control, positioning, and balance allows her to neutralize the power and athletic advantages opponents have -- and her biggest source of offense on the feet." The big problem for Herrig is that Kish has a vicious Muay Thai clinch game with slicing elbows and greater strength. I don't think Kish is a favorable stylistic match up for Herrig.

your right...my thing is kish will not always show the best awareness or decisionmaking as to when to strike at range, when to lead, when to counter, when to grapple or clinch. Not to mention she is so determined to assert herself offesnsively she walks into all sorts of shots and ends up in a ton of grappling exchanges as well. Grappling exchanges she completely engages in...instead of working her way back to the spots she is good in; i have seen felice make adjustments in rounds, kish usually can't make an adjustment until btwn rounds and even then she is just as likely to walk right back into bad spots.

she did it vs yoder and ansaroff; she didn't stop walking into big shots until the third round and w/yoder she kept engaging in extended grappling exchanges even though she had a clear phys adv and tech striking adv on the feet...imo just bad iq.

lack of seasoning and savvy is what makes this competitive and in my opinion tips it in herrigs favor; if she has in fact turned the corner, if she doesnt fight w/poise and veteran savvy kish physicality and size will overwhelm her.

is there a JELLO fight

Back