So is the UFC just going to let Anderson Silva go to waste?

Outsider524

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Thought we were in the fun fight Era of Anderson Silva. Dudes 42 now maybe has another 1-2 years left(not sure of his contract) you would think the UFC would be trying to get him some fights especially after the last one fell through. They always let UFC vets fight way past prime to be used as name propeller for the new blood they're trying to promote. I feel like they don't want him near the belt and know he's still good enough to string two wins together and demand a title shot.

I know Anderson is difficult sometimes but I just feel like most UFC vets get treated well and seeing as he's a Guaranteed HOF'er he'd get more Hestpect. I feel maybe Dana just wants to be done with him but can't throw him to the wolves because he can still come out with the W.

Thought we were in the fun fight Era of Anderson Silva. Dudes 42 now maybe has another 1-2 years left(not sure of his contract) you would think the UFC would be trying to get him some fights especially after the last one fell through. They always let UFC vets fight way past prime to be used as name propeller for the new blood they're trying to promote. I feel like they don't want him near the belt and know he's still good enough to string two wins together and demand a title shot.

I know Anderson is difficult sometimes but I just feel like most UFC vets get treated well and seeing as he's a Guaranteed HOF'er he'd get more Hestpect. I feel maybe Dana just wants to be done with him but can't throw him to the wolves because he can still come out with the W.

Maybe he should GIVE a respect in order to GET it back....
...instead of announcing "I'm out of the event, so get your money back!" which is totally disrespectful both to the company AND his fellow fighters.

Plus, afer last fight, I'm not sure he'll bring exciting fight against anyone decent.

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 3 coming to Bellator 5 years from now.

Silva vs Belfort retirement fight?

Although Belfort said he'll be fighting like 5 more times? Shiiiieet

...instead of announcing "I'm out of the event, so get your money back!" which is totally disrespectful both to the company AND his fellow fighters.

LOL.
He saved the company's ass multiple times. He felt disrespected by them, that's why he disrespects them like this. Does nobody even remember? UFC promised Anderson Silva a fight vs GSP when he returns.

If I was Anderson, I'd be much more vocal about how they treat fighters, former champions and LEGENDS in this sport.

Plus, afer last fight, I'm not sure he'll bring exciting fight against anyone decent.

Lol @ "disrespectful to the company"

The UFC use their leverage against fighters all the time.

Thought we were in the fun fight Era of Anderson Silva.

Anderson is currently on the "Dana was never my friend" era.

Lets see what comes out of this situation, but his last interview on the mma hour he said he would retire if he didnt get what he was asking. Nothing changed since then...

Sad that AS of all people might walk into oblivion without a proper goodbye.

UFC has no hespect

Last edited:
That's putting it perfectly.

Anderson is still a game opponent and they are barely using him.

Placing him on a FightPass event was stupid imo

LOL.
He saved the company's ass multiple times. He felt disrespected by them, that's why he disrespects them like this. Does nobody even remember? UFC promised Anderson Silva a fight vs GSP when he returns.

If I was Anderson, I'd be much more vocal about how they treat fighters, former champions and LEGENDS in this sport.

Saved multiple times? How? By agreeing to fight huge mismatch in Bonnar? Give me a break.
And when was this promise by UFC?

Lol @ "disrespectful to the company"

The UFC use their leverage against fighters all the time.

Against Anderson?

Yep. No potential for movie/reality TV star and isn't a Jewish liberal so WME has no use for him.

Anderson should be able to fight whoever and do whatever the fuck he wants at this stage of his career. The guy was a living highlight reel for the UFC at his prime and saved their asses multiple times when main events fell through. At his peak, when the Spider fought, every MMA fan tuned in whether they wanted him to win or lose, and almost everyone expected him to enter the Matrix at least once. Anderson didn't disappoint often.

Saved multiple times? How? By agreeing to fight huge mismatch in Bonnar? Give me a break.
And when was this promise by UFC?

Against Anderson?
Did he not step in against DC on like 48hrs notice after Jones was pulled out of that fight? did he not save the company that night by taking that fight against DC?

What do you want them to do with him? He can't hang with a true Top 10 MW, and his salary doesn't warrant just giving him patties. It's kinda embarrassing.

Name like 3 opponents that even begin to make sense and won't get him brain damaged.

What do you want them to do with him? He can't hang with a true Top 10 MW, and his salary doesn't warrant just giving him patties. It's kinda embarrassing.

Name like 3 opponents that even begin to make sense and won't get him brain damaged.

I mean he didn't even take the fight seriously and still did this to the current "C" of the division

hi-res-cfaacd49c05be37069564b7766e9e5ee_crop_north.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Give respect to WME and Dana? Gtfo

Back