Which is a deeper division LHW or WBW?

Roca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Jones is unranked at LHW. And lets define the depth of the division as the ability for ranked contenders to have a competitive bout with the Champion and top 3.

I think it's clear that WBW is in fact the deeper division. Not that WBW is particularly great, Holm is #2, Rousey #4? That's disgraceful, but LHW is just that bad ATM.

upload_2017-6-22_9-46-43.png

To be honest, I don't think any LHW 4-15 can touch DC/Manuwa/Glover/Gus. Shogun at the tail end of a career, Volkan still new on the scene (with a contraversial OSP SD/Misha death touch KO), Manuwa smoked Corey, Latifi got knocked stiff by Bader, etc.
Going with WBW in the context that a challenger can win against top 4. Picking LHW in terms of total talent across the board.

WBW #10 can beat WBW #2 and WBW #9 might well sub WBW #3 if they fought.

WBW has greater competitive depth!

I would say the one that doesn't have Bethe Correia in the top 15.

I would say the one that doesn't have Bethe Correia in the top 15.
Gian Villante is akin to a male Bethe and Lil Nog is akin to a way past prime Shayna Baszler or Julie Kedzie who Bethe beat. lol

Both are pretty damn bad tbh

To me, Shogun is better than Pennington

LHW has been the division that has suffered the most in recent years in MMA.

That said, WMMA talent is virtually non-existent after the top few fighters in each division.

I think LHW has some hope: Craig, Misha, Pedro, Volkan, Reyes, Fortuna
All pretty young fighters (in LHW/HW standards)

Well I think the women are deeper. I only know about the women

Holly Holm 1-3 in her last 4 fights sitting at number 2 rank... What a fucking joke, get rid of this women's shit man.

Keep in mind that Jones is unranked at LHW. And lets define the depth of the division as the ability for ranked contenders to have a competitive bout with the Champion and top 3.

I think it's clear that WBW is in fact the deeper division. Not that WBW is particularly great, Holm is #2, Rousey #4? That's disgraceful, but LHW is just that bad ATM.
LHW has been bad forever. It's better now than before. Still terrible.

Back