In your opinion, how can the UFC become huge again?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
#1 Get rid of Ken-Flo......The new school fan has nonclue who he is

#2 Get rid of the paper champ Bisping

#3 Get rid of the ultimate liar, Dana White

#4 Create a Legends division. It works in golf AND it works in boxing even know there isn't an official division...When Hopkins or Forman fought, it brought excitement and interest. (Chuck Liddell)
I also think if a Legends champ wants to battle a current champ, it should be allowed to be arranged.....Hendonwas 46 when he got a crack.

What other ideas do others have?

# 1) Less watered down cards

# 2) Less WMMA headliners

# 3) Stop trying to low-ball legit fighters (which relates to 1 and 2).

They should become a VR company. That's pretty big.

In your opinion, how can the UFC become huge again?

One word: Dick pills

alternative single word that could help: 1) Vincent Chase 2) Yamma Pit 3) Free hotdogs

#1 Get rid of Ken-Flo......The new school fan has nonclue who he is

#2 Get rid of the paper champ Bisping

#3 Get rid of the ultimate liar, Dana White

#4 Create a Legends division. It works in golf AND it works in boxing even know there isn't an official division...When Hopkins or Forman fought, it brought excitement and interest. (Chuck Liddell)
I also think if a Legends champ wants to battle a current champ, it should be allowed to be arranged.....Hendonwas 46 when he got a crack.

What other ideas do others have?
#1 and #4 kinda contradicts each other. You want to get rid of Kenny Florian because new fans doesn't know who he is, but at the same time you want to implement a legends division and fill it with fighters that new fans have never heard of.

Cut down the cards
Cut fighters who don't belong in the ufc
Burn WMMA down
Smaller octagon
Main cards start at 9 EST
Change in commentary
Hire UL as matchmaker
AXE TUF
Same rules for all fighters
Strip the champion if he hasn't defended his belt in 18 months

The real answer is create a few more stars.

Obviously easier said than done.

Buy Bellator. Merge and make Coker president

Start developing talent again.

Bring back legitimacy to titles and title shots (believe it or not, it existed once upon a time, not even that long ago).

Increase paydays or bring back sponsors. The reason fighters pulled huge sponsors before was because of all the air-time the UFC gets. I mean, FFS. GSP had Under Armor and Gatorade. Even DJ walked in wearing Xbox shorts (and I'm sure Xbox, aka Microsoft, pays a pretty penny for an endorser).

You obviously don't care about MMA then if you want that.

I just would love to see Chandler, Dantas, Lima, Pitbull Bros fight in the UFC. Ive never heard any fighter say a negative towards Coker. I love Bellators product

Book better cards has any one actually been really looking forward to any card this year so far? its been a horrible year so far. I actually been looking forward to more Bellator cards this year

# 1) Less watered down cards

# 2) Less WMMA headliners

# 3) Stop trying to low-ball legit fighters (which relates to 1 and 2).
what does lowballing have to do with anything? Fans don't tune in to see who's getting paid.

One word...

GOATBERG
<Goldie11>

Do Grand Prix tournaments every year.

Stack almost every card, regardless of cost.

Meet every one of Fedor's demands

Ditch the octagon.

Use a white ring.

Move HQ to Japan.

Make freakshow fights.

No PED tests.

Blue gloves for the fighters.

what does lowballing have to do with anything?

Fighters LEAVING for better paying orgs?

Cm9j_eJXEAAddO1.jpg

Create a regular schedule (free cards every Saturday & one PPV the last Saturday of the month)

Let UFC athletes compete in other sports while under contract (Let the Diaz Bros show up on NBC's coverage of the 'escape from Alcatraz' triathlon)

Revamp TUF to an uneducated viewership. Rather than treat it like an hour-long commercial for an upcoming PPV between the two coaches, bring in actual "famous" wrestling, boxing, BJJ, Muy Thai coaches that explain their facets to the audience and the fighters.

Actually sign the BEST fighters in the planet. Sorry that you don't like Askren, but why leave him to sign with ONE FC, but sign Phil Brooks is beyond my understanding.

Their new owners are a Hollywood management team. Why not ensure Tyron Woodley is in the next DC comic book movie. After all, don't they have some of the producers, directors, and stars of those films within their portfolio? Cross promotion could work.

Make a deal with Amazon. It seems like everyone is making a deal with Amazon this week (FightPass on Amazon Prime)

I just would love to see Chandler, Dantas, Lima, Pitbull Bros fight in the UFC. Ive never heard any fighter say a negative towards Coker. I love Bellators product
True, but it wasn't that long ago when Kimbo Slice and Dada 5000 looked like idiots at their press conference

Dana White needs to step back behind the scenes and conduct himself in the same manner as the commissioners of the NBA and MLB. He needs to stop talking shit about his employees in the media and stop telling blatant lies. The ranking system should be set in stone when it comes to contenders and title shots should go to the deserving fighters according to the rankings not to the bigger draw or the better trash talker.

Fighters LEAVING for better paying orgs?

Cm9j_eJXEAAddO1.jpg
nobody pays better on average than the UFC, if other orgs want to OVERPAY to gain some sort of credibility then that's their problem, they're not paying out of the goodness of their heart.

Back