Who's throwing better hands then Mcgregor in MMA post Boxing camp?

Maori

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anybody?

Kid already had deadly hands pre boxing camp, post boxing camp if he comes back I think its without question he'll be the best boxer in MMA.

Agree?

Diaz fan

Take McGs sack out of your gullet.

Stipe has nice hands, Whittaker too. Cody. The list goes on.

Conor has a nice left hand, but that's about it.

This. His entire game is setting up the left which he does very, very well. It works in MMA, but it's a pretty damn amateur approach and it's going to get badly exposed by the best boxer of this generation. I get the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality, but Conor's striking would be even more deadly if he'd develop something to pair with that straight left. Put a good right hook with that thing and life gets really tough for his opponents on the feet then.

Everybody, cuz he ain't coming back.

This. His entire game is setting up the left which he does very, very well. It works in MMA, but it's a pretty damn amateur approach and it's going to get badly exposed by the best boxer of this generation. I get the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality, but Conor's striking would be even more deadly if he'd develop something to pair with that straight left. Put a good right hook with that thing and life gets really tough for his opponents on the feet then.
Didn't his striking game use to be more versatile before he fell in love with that left?

Well hopefully McG is the best boxer in the UFC after this camp. If not, this fight might be even more laughable than it already is.

<Y2JSmirk>
One of the most retarded statements haters are clinging on. You can't go that far with " only left hand "

Of course he will finish his opponents with his dominant hand just like every other fighters. The thing makes Conor special is his freakish distance management and the ability to time his punches.

Last edited:
Well hopefully McG is the best boxer in the UFC after this camp. If not, this fight might be even more laughable than it already is.

Oh, it will be laughable. I expect plenty of delicious animated gifs to come out of this fight.

Didn't his striking game use to be more versatile before he fell in love with that left?

Maybe. That's generally how it works when someone finds a particular technique that works really well for them. Like how Chuck, Hendo, Fedor, Big Country, etc. fell in love with the overhand right.

Oh, it will be laughable. I expect plenty of delicious animated gifs to come out of this fight.

first Floyd will

tenor.gif

then he'll

tenor.gif

there, I just saved everyone any PPV dollars they were planning on spending on this circus sideshow

Moose, Gus, Whittaker, DJ, Garbrandt, and Holloway are all right up there as well. McGregor's boxing is def up there with the best of them, and if he works only on boxing wih high level coaches for the Floyd fight (which I assume he's going) I wouldn't be surprised if he has the best boxing in the UFC when he comes back

Can you imagine if Conor's hands rise one more level? That's a nightmare for his future opponents

Anybody?

Kid already had deadly hands pre boxing camp, post boxing camp if he comes back I think its without question he'll be the best boxer in MMA.

Agree?

Diaz fan
Do you realize he is training with his own team and not going to a legit boxing camp so he will be the exact same right?

I think spending so much time in a boxing headspace is gonna hurt his MMA game if he returns this year.

Do you realize he is training with his own team and not going to a legit boxing camp so he will be the exact same right?
Yeah for sure mate, the experiene mcg gains by fighting one of the true greats of boxing is priceless.

Very rare a high level mma practitioner gets to focus solely on one art for an intense training camp, the fact its for one of the greats his hands have to improve immensely

I never said any of the guys you mentioned were bad, i also ended the op with diaz fan(since tuf).

Obviously your blind rage for mcgregor blinded you to the facts.to invested bro, take a pill and chill G

I never said any of the guys you mentioned were bad, i also ended the op with diaz fan(since tuf).

Obviously your blind rage for mcgregor blinded you to the facts.to invested bro, take a pill and chill G

Honestly man..hes not that great at all in a strict boxing sense.

Dude thats what fucked me up.
I knew conor and crew were loudmouth assholes...but i had NO idea they were that foolish.
Thats just plain stupidity and an arrogance that leaves me in awe.
Conor is going to get embarrassed.

Conor fell in love with kicks, for years he was training with the Olympic Tae Kwon Do team in Ireland and flying over to Iceland training out of the Goju Ryo Karate Dojos, he's shown off a lot of kicking techniques and obsessed over movement and techniques he took away from traditional martial arts.

Before the Aldo fight, Conor was a very active kicker...After the Aldo fight he KOd him stiff in 13 seconds, then he fought Nate twice, Conor doesn't have the dexterity to kick high vs Diaz and the forward pressure made Conor's kicking game a lot weaker anyways, then he sort of just fell in love with his left and spams it again it's always been his best weapon but his movement and striking have looked a lot more diverse in earlier years.

Back