Why isnt the UFC promoting 214 heavier?

theycallmeskidmarks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The first fight did 800k buys. With the proper promotion, I think it could easily do 1 million +.

Yes a promotional tour for this fifht can be risky given the variables. You have tweaker Jones who could very likely fuck this whole thing up in a moments notice. You also have DC, who as an AKA fighter, can pull out with injury at any moment. And you know have to worry about DCs weight being an issue.

But fuck, you have to risk it to win the biscuit. I think this fight/card has the potential to be huge. You have the comeback of one of the all time GOATs. And he is squaring off vs the #2 lhw GOAT. There is a ton of bad blood between the two. This fight was perfect for a big promotional tour. These two have already provided so many great moments outside of the cage. From their infamous brawl, the shoe(and water bottle) throwing incident, "you still there pussy," etc, etc.

I feel like the UFC is so caught up with the MayMac fight that they are neglecting what could be a huge card.

Ill still be watching the fight, but I definitely feel that the UFC dropped the ball on this one.

they havent been promoting much lately cards and fighters aswell there putting all there eggs in one basket there waiting for conor to come back so they can spend all the money saved up on his next non title defense fight

They're anticipating the inevitable cancellation/postponement

Which is strange cause they're a media company. You'd think the UFC brand would be appearing more everywhere.

1. Too much time for Jones to get in trouble or DC to get hurt still.

2. 213 is even better and still has to happen first

3. Preoccupied with MayMac

WME doesn't have the money to spend on promoting after getting conned by the Ferttitas.

five weeks is a long time in jon jones cocaine land

I agree with TS. I expect theyll do a pre-fight conference around Fight Week in July and from that point on itll be a media superstorm

They don't want it to overshadow 213? and because JBJ is an idiot

They were pushing it hard on the last fight card.

No point in anything full media till 213 is done.

213 is gonna do big numbers. They cam push it there.

I think they are as bored as we are with UFC at the moment, they cant even be bothered themselves, the production and build up and ads have been garbage for all events in 2017 so far. hardly any effort into it at all

Back