(Video) KO of the Week: BJ Penn vs Sean Sherk

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Vid just released by the UFC, pumping up Penn before this weekend.

Easily one of BJ's nastiest stoppages.

Does he have one last high-light reel left?

Oh, and Yamasaki Bless for the Sherk flat-line before intervening

mario-yamasaki1.jpg

Yamasaki was all "You missed a few spots on the right side of his face."

Crazy how Penn called the fight off himself, no ref needed.

w0p54x.jpg

UFG moment.

Last edited:
Nice! Was a big Sherk fan back then too. Guy had fast hands, great wrestling, sick cardio and no power in his t-rex arms, but what can ya do.

Nice! Was a big Sherk fan back then too. Guy had fast hands, great wrestling, sick cardio and no power in his t-rex arms, but what can ya do.

Honestly was a bit disappointed I remember being because I really wanted to see him and Penn in more grappling situations. Still good fight though.

Back when BJ had speed and aggression. Now he is slow and sort of docile in the octagon. Aging is a bitch. Especially fighting MMA in lower weight classes. Lucky for him Siver is old too. It's a toss up fight IMO but I might actually favor BJ ever so slightly.

Just shows what a gnarly skill-set BJ had back then.

Folks may hate on him, but dude was ahead of the game back in the day.

Just shows what a gnarly skill-set BJ had back then.

Folks may hate on him, but dude was ahead of the game back in the day.
For sure, BJ Penn was one of the most gifted fighters of his time. The guy got his black belt in 3 years for crying out loud, if he had just stayed the path most people wouldn't be looking at his record and mocking him today. But if you watched him fight back in the day, you know better than to hate on him.

Last edited:
For sure, BJ Penn was one of the most gifted fighters of his time. The guy got his black belt in 3 years for crying out loud, if he had just stayed the path most people wouldn't be looking at this record and mocking him today. But if you watched him fight back in the day, you know better than to hate on him.

haha yeah, it took me seven years to get my purple in BJJ. Dude was next level back in the day.

I've never liked BJ but that is one of my favourite finishes in the UFC , just brutal

Penn put a hurting on Sherk that night. That knee was NAAAASSSTTTYYYY.

Back