Ido Portal reminds me of...

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CM Punk...

Seriously.
I just saw a clip of him making Conor punch PLAYING CARDS out of the air... WTF?
He's fighting one of the GOAT boxers soon and this clown is wasting his time with this.
I'm sure Conor can make better use of this time. If he wants hand-eye coordination, use a tennis ball with Kavanagh or against a wall.
As for Portal, he also was also the one making Conor do muscle-ups DAYS before his first fight with Diaz... one of the hardest and most taxing upper-body exercises, and this idiot doesn't take into account the effect it has on the body, high chance of injury to shoulder, etc...
His training is complete bullshit. Some elements might be useful, but that's 10% we're talking about.

The thing that pisses me off about him is; he takes himself so seriously and carries himself with such confidence. He's really just a glorified yoga/fitness instructor and should stick to making MILFs do somersaults or some shit, not coaching McGOAT.

SBG should get rid of his ass.

i dunno, i can't tell if he's just in the middle of a most epic longcon troll job... or just a hippie douche.

His client is a world champ in two weight classes.

Ido is doing just fine for himself.

CM Punk...

Seriously.
I just saw a clip of him making Conor punch PLAYING CARDS out of the air... WTF?
He's fighting one of the GOAT boxers soon and this clown is wasting his time with this.
I'm sure Conor can make better use of this time. If he wants hand-eye coordination, use a tennis ball with Kavanagh or against a wall.
As for Portal, he also was also the one making Conor do muscle-ups DAYS before his first fight with Diaz... one of the hardest and most taxing upper-body exercises, and this idiot doesn't take into account the effect it has on the body, high chance of injury to shoulder, etc...
His training is complete bullshit. Some elements might be useful, but that's 10% we're talking about.

The thing that pisses me off about him is; he takes himself so seriously and carries himself with such confidence. He's really just a glorified yoga/fitness instructor and should stick to making MILFs do somersaults or some shit, not coaching McGOAT.

I would enjoy being a milf trainer

Dildo Portal should ally himself with Edmond, and they should start a gym together.

The epicness.

Ido portal was big before conor ever came around.

Movement / functional training has always and will always be around.

If you're gonna make a thread shitting on someone, at least have some basic understanding of what the fuck you're talking about.

uneducated kids with a little bit of knowledge think they understand things that are clearly way above their heads. Too much of that shit on sherdog.

His client is a world champ in two weight classes.

Ido is doing just fine for himself.
Which 2? Pretty sure he's only champ at LW, and even that one he got because he beatsome short brawler 6 months after getting choked out. And he can't go too much longer without getting stripped of that one too. That's not really evidence of Ido Portal being a master trainer.

Well it's a good thing Conor doesn't have your stuck in the mud attitude about training.

Ido Portal is an exceptional gymnast and "mover", but I call BS on most of the things he does with Conor. I highly doubt that it will make him a better fighter. I think it's mostly PR from both sides.

If I was a fighter, I'd definitely get my training advice from sherdog.

Ido Portal is an athlete that has total control over his body. Conor, who is an incredible athlete as well, believes that what Ido is teaching him is useful.

When Conor needs some advice on eating doritos and talking shit on a keyboard, he'll know where to come.

Last edited:
Bra, you seen Lomachenko train?

You are saying "train like everyone else trains....all the other guys Floyd's beat". Whatever Conor is doing, it is working. You can leave the tennis balls to Mark Henry.

CM Punk...

Seriously.

i was watching a video retrospective on conor vs nate 1, and there was ido in conors corner actually shouting instructions during the striking exchanges like "follow up, conor!" and shit. yknow, as if he actually knows something about fighting and isnt just some kinda of dance instructor

Panto_Tommy_square.jpg

Ido portal was big before conor ever came around.

Movement / functional training has always and will always be around.

If you're gonna make a thread shitting on someone, at least have some basic understanding of what the fuck you're talking about.

back when the conor/ido bullshit was starting up i watched a video where ido explained that all his life he could never find anyone teaching how to move properly so he decided to become a movement instructor himself, since that was a thing that didnt seem to exist.

so yeah, theres that

back when the conor/ido bullshit was starting up i watched a video where ido explained that all his life he could never find anyone teaching how to move properly so he decided to become a movement instructor himself, since that was a thing that didnt seem to exist.

so yeah, theres that
he is doing nothing new

Bra, you seen Lomachenko train?

You are saying "train like everyone else trains....all the other guys Floyd's beat". Whatever Conor is doing, it is working. You can leave the tennis balls to Mark Henry.
He's having succes because he's fighting smaller men or people who don't defend leg kicks. Ido is the go to guy for ya snake oil

Back