Fighters that have defeated the UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The idea of UFC/MMA is that, you come in, you win and then you start slowing down and losing. Thus no one is invincible. But we have a guy like Frank Shamrock who NEVER lost in the UFC and became a champion and all his fights were finishes.

Then we have Phillip Miller who retired undefeated in MMA as well as in the UFC. Are there any fighters that fought in the UFC and left undefeated in terms of fighting in the UFC alone?

Also by definition of defeat, I mean is, in the UFC, you build yourself up until you get torn down and thus you lose your star and luster to another fighter. In this process, it goes to show that the UFC is bigger than the fighter but if you win all your fights in the UFC, then you have transcendent the organization!

Murilo Bustamante threw the UFC middleweight title belt in the trash and went to PRIDE to fight the best fighters in the world.

His only loss in the UFC was at LHW to Chuck. He never lost at MW in UFC

Last edited:
I can only think of Adlan Amagov and Chris Holdsworth, who both went 2-0 before retiring.

I can only think of Adlan Amagov and Chris Holdsworth, who both went 2-0 before retiring.

Bad examples, both of them wanted to continue but each have his issues: one had some family and other matters, other got seriously injured.

Best examples would be:
Bas Rutten
GSP

Stupid title, clickbait.

Bad examples, both of them wanted to continue but each have his issues: one had some family and other matters, other got seriously injured.

Best examples would be:
Bas Rutten
GSP
Well Rutten would have continued as well but his back was fucked so he was forced to retire.

The only guys who retire undefeated are those who are forced into early retirement by injuries or stepped away for some reason. "Fans" who are obsessed with this notion of undefeated fighters are largely morons.

The idea of UFC/MMA is that, you come in, you win and then you start slowing down and losing. Thus no one is invincible. But we have a guy like Frank Shamrock who NEVER lost in the UFC and became a champion and all his fights were finishes.

Then we have Phillip Miller who retired undefeated in MMA as well as in the UFC. Are there any fighters that fought in the UFC and left undefeated in terms of fighting in the UFC alone?

Also by definition of defeat, I mean is, in the UFC, you build yourself up until you get torn down and thus you lose your star and luster to another fighter. In this process, it goes to show that the UFC is bigger than the fighter but if you win all your fights in the UFC, then you have transcendent the organization!
Mark Kerr.

Back