Champions being stripped......

Kobra420

Sweep The Leg.
@Black
Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone is O.K. with De Ramdamie, and The Count being stripped? Why does Conor not get the same treatment? I think the fact he has already been stripped once before, and is taking part in other ventures outside his current div (for the second time), that he should be stripped once again at 55. This is the second time he has held up a div without defending. Like Tony just publicly stated, it's time for Conor to vacate the belt, or defend. This is becoming a fkn joke.

Flame away Conor lovers.......flame away.

Conor can sell tickets. De randamie can't. Time to move on with her division. Conor is the cash cow so it makes sense they'd want to keep the belts on him as long as possible.

The UFC would be better off just coming up with a standard policy on how to deal with this. For instance, telling champs that they have to fight once every six months unless they have a medical suspension, and if they go longer than a year without fighting, strip them.

The issue with GDR seems to be fueled more by her just not really wanting to do anything or communicate very well what she wanted and when.

Bisping was told by the UFC he was fighting GSP. He obviously wanted that too.

No problem if he keeps his belt, he has at least made an attempt to defend it.

Conor and GDR have both avoided challengers despite not being injured and ready to fight. Conor is actually worth something to the company and has bailed them out several times - so i don't think he should be stripped.

GDR won just barley and instantly started talking about going to another weight class and avoiding the one and only challenger - 10000% correct decision to strip her (figuratively, good lord not literally - she looks like Jar Jar Binks)

I have no prob with any "champ" who sits on their belt and doesn't defend, being stripped.

Enough with divisions being held up by primadonna BS.

I'd be fine with Bisping getting stripped but there seems to be more to it than just Bisping being scared as hell of Romero. The UFC and Dana are some shady motherfuckers.

. Conor is actually worth something to the company and has bailed them out several times - so i don't think he should be stripped.
I am sure the UFC has helped Conor out, more than he has helped them out. He is still not defending a belt he holds for other ventures...

I am sure the UFC has helped Conor out, more than he has helped them out. He is still not defending a belt he holds for other ventures...
He could have easily said no to the Mendes fight and the first Diaz fight, not to mention he probably makes more for the UFC that all the other 500 fighters combined.

I can see why they would cut him some slack. Strip him if he doesn't fight within three months of the Floyd boxing contest.

If he doesn't fight in the UFC by the end of the year, strip him. If he does, then there's nothing to complain about.

Just wondering if everyone is O.K. with De Ramdamie, and The Count being stripped? Why does Conor not get the same treatment? I think the fact he has already been stripped once before, and is taking part in other ventures outside his current div (for the second time), that he should be stripped once again at 55. This is the second time he has held up a div without defending. Like Tony just publicly stated, it's time for Conor to vacate the belt, or defend. This is becoming a fkn joke.

Flame away Conor lovers.......flame away.

Conor > the rest of the roster to the UFC.

Dana said it various times, "if your name isn't Conor, stfu." Or something like that.

I see no problem with stripping a champions belt if they are not defending it. If they are actually injured maybe have an interim belt but if they are just not fighting then they can fuck off.

Bisping hasn't been stripped nor should he. He fought who the UFC wanted him to fight and so what if the UFC wanted him to fight Dan Henderson in his final fight.
Conor moves onto bigger and better things. He is not avoiding challengers, he is looking for new challenges...
GDR... that entire division should be stripped. It was a joke to begin with.

Bisping is a duck, Conor isn't.

I agree on Bisping being a duck in his first defence, but on this one he has a legit excuse, and he has at least defending it once. I mean it's not like he ran away to boxing so he didn't have to defend.

Bisping is a duck, Conor isn't.
680.gif

IMO if a champion is not scheduled to fight during a year, he should be stripped
I mean, it's not a big deal IMO, when he comes back, he could fight for the title or having a title eliminator depending on the current contenders

Back