Is UFC Unfiltered the worst MMA podcast?

PerpetualWB

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
You have Matt Serra, an ex-UFC fighter that rarely comes prepared with any knowledge of the current fighters or current match-ups and Jim Norton, a scrawny comedian who really knows nothing about fighting and has a tendency to say things that are blatantly wrong and/or dumb, sitting and talking to each other about their insecurities for half the podcast.

Meanwhile, there are any number of more knowledgeable fighters that the UFC could replace them with. I understand bringing in Norton for the entertainment factor, but he really adds nothing and I doubt any non-UFC fans listen because he's on it. So what do?

I've never listened, but have never heard any feedback about it either. Was curious about the dynamic those two have. I could see it being a train wreck though, even if both guys are decent dudes in their own right.

Never heard of it. I wouldn't mind a legit UFC podcast but I believe you when you say it's shit.

Its kind of the fake news of the podcast world. Its a UFC product so their content always has a hidden agenda. Notice how they use it when a fighter has a dispute with Dana.

You have Matt Serra, an ex-UFC fighter that rarely comes prepared with any knowledge of the current fighters or current match-ups and Jim Norton, a scrawny comedian who really knows nothing about fighting and has a tendency to say things that are blatantly wrong and/or dumb, sitting and talking to each other about their insecurities for half the podcast.

Meanwhile, there are any number of more knowledgeable fighters that the UFC could replace them with. I understand bringing in Norton for the entertainment factor, but he really adds nothing and I doubt any non-UFC fans listen because he's on it. So what do?
Have to agree.

Only if you don't consider rogan's a mma podcast

I like to listen to it sometimes to kill the time, but yeh, it might be really the worst mma podcast. Jim and Matt are both very funny, but sometimes they sound like they didn't prepare nothing seriously to talk about, plus it's clearly an exclusive UFC sided podcast..

my favourite mma podcast is submission radio

Its kind of the fake news of the podcast world. Its a UFC product so their content always has a hidden agenda. Notice how they use it when a fighter has a dispute with Dana.

That's petty.

Any example?

I forgot that part of my reply. It's so weird that the promotion has their fingers into something that is normally objective in other combat sports. It's like the UFC ranking their own fighters... Or the PPV commentators working for the promotion. It's not always an issue, but the threat is there.

Isnt their job basically to kiss danas ass and try to make him seem like a cool guy?

Matt Serra is a personal friend of Dana White.

The only times I've heard the podcast, is when Dana White used it as a platform to attack and slander other fighters and members of the media, with Matt to back him up without question or challenge.

That's all that podcast exists for.

Podcasts in general are shit. Especially MMA related.

Jim Norton started a gofundme to make a cartoon then raised $60,000 from his fans and didn't make the cartoon, he's a cunt.

Mir podcast is cringe worthy. Serras podcast is co promoted by UFC. Decent guests. Have to get used to Serras ny accent.

Fighter & the kid is worse. Anything with Breen, Cofield, or Clifford is absolute trash as well.

Back