If Robbie beats Cowboy impressively

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Would you object to him getting a title shot with that win?

Absolutley not. He's already the number three guy in the weight class and is the former champ. Robbie Lawler didn't look like Robbie Lawler against Woodley so I wouldn't mind a rematch after a couple of successful fights from Ruthless.

Can't wait to see Robbie take his belt back.

Both Robbie and RDA got caught by guys we didn't believe to be their equals.So no i wouldn't object to them getting a chance at redemption,if they demonstrate that they still have it.Why is this even an issue?

Only knocks on Robbie are that he was losing to Rory(before all the punishment payed dividents in the 5th round)and arguably lost to Condit...

Both Robbie and RDA got caught by guys we didn't believe to be their equals.So no i wouldn't object to them getting a chance at redemption,if they demonstrate that they still have it.Why is this even an issue?

Only knocks on Robbie are that he was losing to Rory(before all the punishment payed dividents in the 5th round)and arguably lost to Condit...
I think the heart and will to win Robbie showed in the 5th rounds of both those fights is the highlight of his career

He should have lost those fights.. but he dug deep and pulled it off.

Same with the Hendricks fights. Those are testament to how good he is

All Lawler needs to do is beat 2 guys impressively. I think they want GSP in the title picture, and you can't snub Maia at this point.

Beating Cerrone and Thompson will cement it.

He made the WW division fun after the gsp era. Now it's crap again

I think the heart and will to win Robbie showed in the 5th rounds of both those fights is the highlight of his career

Absolutely.I was just pointing that losing the title by being caught,isn't a reasonable argument to exclude him from a TS.

If i HAD TO provide an argument why he should not be considered for a TS so soon,it would be that while he was a champ(and he was a fucking LION),he didn't dominate in his 2 title defenses.

So we agree that Robbie geting a TS would be Ok.

if he beats Cowboy he one more win against a top 5. Maybe he can rematch Conduit, or he can fight Thompson as a title eliminator. Lots of options at 170

How does beating Cerrone put him in front of Jorge Masvidal for a shot at the belt.
Unless or until Woodley loses what's the point?

Absolutley not. He's already the number three guy in the weight class and is the former champ. Robbie Lawler didn't look like Robbie Lawler against Woodley so I wouldn't mind a rematch after a couple of successful fights from Ruthless.

Woodley looked like shit since winning the title.

I know but he beat Cerrone impressively which is apparently all you need for a title fight.
Masvidal wasn't ranked at WW

Robbie is already #1 and just lost the belt.. you new to combat sports or something?

How does beating Cerrone put him in front of Jorge Masvidal for a shot at the belt.
Unless or until Woodley loses what's the point?
How does it not? He's the previous champ with 2 title defenses and has a win over the same guy Masvidal beat to get to the top. Let's not also forget that Masvidal just lost to Maia. Former champ on 1 fight winning streak > Masvidal on a 1 fight losing streak...

Much as i thought robbie was a savage in those fights i feel he must be damaged goods now as a result. If hes lost his chin i wont be shocked

I'm just glad Robbie took this long pause after that KO. Cerrone should've aswell but what can you do. I'd love to see him fight for the title in any case.

I think that cerrone is a very good front runner...and I like cerrone..but when it's a tough fight, back and forth, he seems to always find a way to lose...he doesn't do well against that sort of opponent.

Lawler if successful is in no man's land. Gsp more than likely has next against tyron with Maia behind that. If robbie beats cowboy he'll be stuck fighting at least once more but probably twice

Edit. They should book jorge vs wonderboy and have the winners of cowboy/lawler fight that winner

Back