Is Michael Bisping a hypocrite for talking crap about Germaine for not defending ?

J

JollyRants

I cant believe this guy has the audacity to open his mouth about the GDR sitution when hes basically doing the same thing lol. Hes basically criticizing Germaine for not fighting Cyborg because of PEDs and claiming her surgery is bs. Didnt he do the same thing to Yoel with surgeries and claims of PED use ?upload_2017-6-21_11-35-53.pngupload_2017-6-21_11-43-21.pngupload_2017-6-21_11-33-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on your lens.

Germaine had a belt and publicly acknowledged she'd rather change weight classes than face the #1 contender. who knows what she said in private. so she got stripped.

Bisping took a rematch Dana pushed onto him thinking the fans wanted it (many did, even though many of them who did now deny it), then accepted an even bigger payday, then had surgery, then the surgery took longer to recover from than expected. can't blame a guy for wanting a big payday with GSP if offered, but at the end of the day he's currently injured and once healed will either fight a big payday offered to him by Dana (GSP) or the #1 contender.

or

he insisted on fighting a #13, then faked an injury to duck a #1.

i personally have never once in 20 years of being a fan accused a fighter of faking an injury to duck a competitor, and i won't now. if they're not comfortable fighting, they shouldn't fight, and that's their right and obligation to themselves. and i am far from a Bisping fan. because being a reasonable mma fan is more important than changing your mind about what is appropriate behavior based on whether you like a fighter or not.

TLDR: mostly Dana is at fault at 185, IMO

Last edited:
Bisping defended his belt and has also stated he's ready to fight the no. 1 contender.
Try again!

depends on your lens.

Germaine had a belt and publicly acknowledged she'd rather change weight classes than face the #1 contender. who knows what she said in private. so she got stripped.

Bisping took a rematch Dana pushed onto him thinking the fans wanted it (many did, even though many of them who did now deny it), then accepted an even bigger payday, then had surgery, then the surgery took longer to recover from than expected. can't blame a guy for wanting a big payday with GSP if offered, but at the end of the day he's currently injured and once healed will either fight a big payday offered to him by Dana (GSP) or the #1 contender.

or

i personally have never once in 20 years of being a fan accused a fighter of faking an injury to duck a competitor, and i won't now. if they're not comfortable fighting, they shouldn't fight, and that's their right and obligation to themselves. and i am far from a Bisping fan. because being a reasonable mma fan is more important than changing your mind about what is appropriate behavior based on whether you like a fighter or not.

It's also Bisping's c'mon now.. let's call the situation for what it is how clear does it need to be for us to call it, you want us to be a fly on his walls to finally be able to call it... he is a DUCK and he is using injuries and matchmaking to maximize his shitty stay as champ.

Bisping defended his belt and has also stated he's ready to fight the no. 1 contender.
Try again!
giphy.gif

So he ready to fight the number 1 contender lol ? So the UFC just made a interim belt just for the fuck of it ?

Try again!
Maybe she should have been given the opportunity to fight the #13 ranked fighter(46yo) before ducking the #1 contender for a year.
Then their situations would be parallel.

Michael has been in damage control mode for quite some time.

There's a pattern here. Every once in a while he feels compelled to remind people that he's waiting for GSP and that's why he's not fighting Yoel. The problem is that Yoel and Bisping both last fought in the fall of 2016. It's been 6-7 months since they both fought. Bisping is hoping to hold out for another 5-6 months. He knows it looks bad, and it is bad.

When an interim belt is created because the champion refuses to fight anyone in the division, there are no excuses that can justify what is happening.

GSP is out until the fall with an eye injury. UFC knows this and Michael knows this. Mike chooses to remain inactive until hopefully the GSP fight can be finalized.

It's also Bisping's c'mon now.. let's call the situation for what it is how clear does it need to be for us to call it, you want us to be a fly on his walls to finally be able to call it... he is a DUCK and he is using injuries and matchmaking to maximize his shitty stay as champ.

here's what i wrote in another thread, maybe it will help you grok what i'm trying to say.

Bisping & Dana deserve lots of shit for the Hendo bout and then pushing for the GSP bout so hard.

that being said, the analogy with GDR is spurious and unsound. but it's also easy, and mma fans prefer an easy analogy to a technically perfectly accurate one.

so sure, he can complain that it's not technically sound. but maybe he should also accept that he deserves tons of slightly related shit for his slightly different actions, instead of the same exact shit for the same exact actions.

giphy.gif

So he ready to fight the number 1 contender lol ? So the UFC just made a interim belt just for the fuck of it ?

He is ready..as long as the No. 1 isn't Yoel! Otherwise his everything is hurt until Yoel goes away or gets a fight.

giphy.gif

He was injured if I recall and would've been ready until October time,regardless if he's fighting GSP or any other MW.He has said that he'd fight any contender they put in front of him,or GSP when,when he's ready.The interim belt is for the right reasons this time as the champion is really injured.
He fought 3 times last year.
Where's the ducking again?

depends on your lens.

or

while I applaud you and would like to think this way as well, what happened to Jacare back in December shows he is using his injury as a cop out IMO.
I recall bisping even said he would fight GSP with his injury, but Jacare no.
That's BS. if he could fight GSP, he could fight Jacare.
That's blatant ducking IMO!

Try again!

On his own podcast he couldn't even defend himself, he knows he's milking this belt for every last drop before defending against an actual challenger

On his own podcast he couldn't even defend himself, he knows he's milking this belt for every last drop before defending against an actual challenger

While I think Bisping is doing just that, I am kind of routing for him as an anti hero. I never really liked Bisping for the antics early on in his career. Not much of a sportsman, and a bit of a whiny punk.. but I was happy when he won the strap, because he had fought for so long in the organization, but had been kicked in the balls by both other fighters, and the front office. So I viewed his winning as kind of a big "Fuck You!" to the UFC. He may be ducking, but it kind of rubs it in, or twists the knife more.

depends on your lens.

or

I agree with your first example

part of mikes whole persona is to be very trollish. i personally don't take him serious. he plays a character and does it well. makes people hate him, talks shit and fights. i do think maybe hes trying to make as much money as champion while hes on top but thats whatever because at the end up the day the ufc is is going to strip him if hes ducking fights for reasons that aren't completely legit.
i don't think his ego would let him duck a fight but who knows, the main thing here is the money he would make on the gsp fight. in any other case i would say theres no way he would ever duck anyone. but he is saying he had two knee surgeries and if that wasent true the ufc would know that.
i disagree with how he feels about geronimo's refusal to fight cyborg but most people are on his side witht hat
i respect him as a fighter and behind the scenes it is shown that hes a good guy. if he is a hypocrite then that just makes him funnier to me

The man won a UFC title and defended it with one retina in his late 30s
HESPECT!
$

depends on your lens.

or

No one knows about his injuries for real, but it's pretty fucking suspicious.

Calls out Nick Diaz end of last year, saying "all the contenders are booked".
Rockhold/Jacare is called off, Jacare is free, Bisping says he's injured.
Calls out GSP to fight him in July or he's moving on.
GSP says no, Dana calls off the fight, says Romero is next ...
Bisping now is injured and cant fight.

pretty shady if you ask me.

Back