Michael Bisping is fed up with comparisons between him and Germaine de Randamie.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
On the latest episode of his Believe You Me Podcast, Bisping addressed the de Randamie title situation, how it parallels his own, and why he believes the two are completely different.

“I’ve got to be careful about what I say here because I know everybody’s gonna talk s**t about me and say, ‘You’re a f**king p**sy. You f**king defended against Dan Henderson. You’re avoiding number one contenders.’ That is not what’s happened, motherf**kers. The UFC offered me Dan Henderson, I took the fight and then I had knee surgery. Two knee surgeries in fact.

“The thing about Germaine that always irked me from the very start is even when she beat Holly Holm and won the belt, she immediately said in the ring - because Rogan tried to set up a fight with her and Cyborg - she said, ‘No, no I can’t do it. I have to have hand surgery.’ Immediately after winning the fight she was in the ring, talking to Rogan, ducking the number one contender saying she needs hand surgery. Then, in the post-fight press conference, she’s saying, ‘I think I should rematch with Holly because it was really close.’ So which is it, do you need hand surgery or not?”

Bisping also notes another key difference between their situations; the fact that de Randamie’s title was widely believed to be intended for Cyborg in the first place. Cyborg has been arguably the most dominant female fighter in the world ever and she’s been the unquestioned queen of the women’s featherweight division for almost a decade. The creation of a UFC featherweight title was seen as a coronation for her but a suspension by USADA and the UFC’s desperate need for main event worthy fights created a situation where the inaugural featherweight title bout wouldn’t actually include the greatest featherweight of all time. Thus, according to Bisping, de Randamie refusing to face Cyborg is anathema to the entire purpose of the division because the winner of Holm-de Randamie was always intended to fight Cyborg.

“It’s a no-brainer. The division - I believe, I mean I don’t have this on confirmation - looks like it was created for Cyborg.” “I know people are gonna talk shit because it seems from the outside that I’m f**king avoiding Yoel, which isn’t the case at all. I had two knee surgeries, I’m back training now but I still couldn’t do a training camp. But I do see the parallels that people will draw on and call me a f**king hypocrite.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...sons-to-germaine-de-randamies-title-situation

Excuses as usual from the Count. I was happy when he got the strap but now I'm just kinda disappointed.

605439.jpg

At least he defended his title against Henderson, never mind the fact he was 46 and low ranked. He's going to have top fight either Yoel or Whittaker once he's healthy. To be fair, Rockhold should have beat Bisping so I blame Luke more for this whole situation.

Lol at salty Bisping. The Count is earning his reputation as a cowardly champion, the Brit just want to own it.

tenor.gif

The main difference is Buddeh knocked out the #1 MW in the world to become champ, even if he hasn't defended vs the top guys.

The MW GOAT has spoken. No duck, official.

Excuses as usual from the Count. I was happy when he got the strap but now I'm just kinda disappointed.

Same here, I was kind of happy to see the hard work, perseverance and dedication work in his favor. But now I just wish he'd get smashed.

Bisping never turned down any fights. Germaine did. Bisping was offered Henderson and GSP. He didnt turn down Yoel.

Its shocking how mma fans here cant grasp this simple situation.

Bisping's relevancy has a rapidly approaching expiration. Just waiting it out.

My two buddehs have had a bet since immediately following the Henderson fight; one guy took Bisping's next opponent no matter who it is.......he is going to take the money.

He may have a point but the resemblance is uncanny....he went straight for the GSP fight...dude is and was a WW....
1469380851-giphy.gif

Clearly there is a difference, the UFC haven't stripped Bisping of the belt so he's not avoiding the fight or fights that the UFC want him to take.
Ducking is a figment of the imagination of some people here, the UFC make the matches, if you don't take the fights they tell you to take they'll take your belt away.

On the latest episode of his Believe You Me Podcast, Bisping addressed the de Randamie title situation, how it parallels his own, and why he believes the two are completely different.

“I’ve got to be careful about what I say here because I know everybody’s gonna talk s**t about me and say, ‘You’re a f**king p**sy. You f**king defended against Dan Henderson. You’re avoiding number one contenders.’ That is not what’s happened, motherf**kers. The UFC offered me Dan Henderson, I took the fight and then I had knee surgery. Two knee surgeries in fact.

“The thing about Germaine that always irked me from the very start is even when she beat Holly Holm and won the belt, she immediately said in the ring - because Rogan tried to set up a fight with her and Cyborg - she said, ‘No, no I can’t do it. I have to have hand surgery.’ Immediately after winning the fight she was in the ring, talking to Rogan, ducking the number one contender saying she needs hand surgery. Then, in the post-fight press conference, she’s saying, ‘I think I should rematch with Holly because it was really close.’ So which is it, do you need hand surgery or not?”

Bisping also notes another key difference between their situations; the fact that de Randamie’s title was widely believed to be intended for Cyborg in the first place. Cyborg has been arguably the most dominant female fighter in the world ever and she’s been the unquestioned queen of the women’s featherweight division for almost a decade. The creation of a UFC featherweight title was seen as a coronation for her but a suspension by USADA and the UFC’s desperate need for main event worthy fights created a situation where the inaugural featherweight title bout wouldn’t actually include the greatest featherweight of all time. Thus, according to Bisping, de Randamie refusing to face Cyborg is anathema to the entire purpose of the division because the winner of Holm-de Randamie was always intended to fight Cyborg.

“It’s a no-brainer. The division - I believe, I mean I don’t have this on confirmation - looks like it was created for Cyborg.” “I know people are gonna talk shit because it seems from the outside that I’m f**king avoiding Yoel, which isn’t the case at all. I had two knee surgeries, I’m back training now but I still couldn’t do a training camp. But I do see the parallels that people will draw on and call me a f**king hypocrite.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...sons-to-germaine-de-randamies-title-situation

Just cause the UFC offered Henderson didn't mean that Bisping had to accept it. He's full of sh*t.

Except for the hair and the weird eye - they almost look like twins.

Bisping fought the whose who of PED users and by the looks of it, it's not going to stop. De Randamie is a nobody in the sport, Bisping fought tooth and nail to be where he is today, got an opportunity and made the most of it.

De Randamie, like Bisping said, won a belt in a division intended for Cyborg then refused to fight her. De Randamie got a gift, didn't like it tried to take it back to Wal Mart and got robbed by front desk.

there are so many duck beltholders in the ufc right now, they should have a duck-duck-goose tournament.

People love to discredit him, but at least he took the belt from the legitimate champion, it wasnt vacant against someone with a losing streak, gimmick fight, but he already put it on the line against old man Hendo. GDR is on her own league on weak champion standards.

I was happy because dan henderson used to do these extra blows after KOing guys and he also criminally assaulted bisping in their fight, but now I just feel that henderson should have won. I would have been salty but it would have been for the better. not only that, but hendo would never duck guys like that

Then he needs to cowboy the fuck up and fight someone, preferably someone who isn't collecting SSI

Back