Does Megan Anderson really think she can do what Baars did against Cyborg?

danxiq1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have been seeing some of her interviews as of late and I think she is making the mistake many have and continue to make in reference to Cyborg not having any stand up skill and her being just a brawler. She explains how she would beat ‘Cyborg’ when the pair are to face off “I think I’d be using movement and angles to pick her apart and tire her out. She gasses if you take her out of the first round. She rushes in and headhunts so it’ll be easy to counter her and cut the angle.” Have we ever seen Cyborg gas in a fight before? we also have to remember that Baars was able to concentrate only on striking since it wasn't an MMA bout.

Cyborg not only survived against Bears, she began to take over the fight near the end as Baars got tired of punching, kneeing and kicking Cyborg. Cyborg clearly seems to have an absolute iron chin and constant aggression even when losing.

Megan can win.

I give Cyborg a way bigger chance to win but Megan can win via KO or Decision for sure.

Win or lose, Megan got DAT ASS!

Cyborg not only survived against Bears, she began to take over the fight near the end as Baars got tired of punching, kneeing and kicking Cyborg. Cyborg clearly seems to have an absolute iron chin and constant aggression even when losing.

She was on PEDs bruh.

I have been seeing some of her interviews as of late and I think she is making the mistake many have and continue to make in reference to Cyborg not having any stand up skill and her being just a brawler. She explains how she would beat ‘Cyborg’ when the pair are to face off “I think I’d be using movement and angles to pick her apart and tire her out. She gasses if you take her out of the first round. She rushes in and headhunts so it’ll be easy to counter her and cut the angle.” Have we ever seen Cyborg gas in a fight before? we also have to remember that Baars was able to concentrate only on striking since it wasn't an MMA bout.

Hey it's a better plan than Charmaine Tweet's plan for her Cyborg fight, which was to refer to her only as "Cristiane" - trying to make her seem like just a normal person.

Fighters are delusional

That being said cyborg has primarily fought women who are alot smaller then her who are mainly grapplers,it will be interesting to see how she deals with the taller women who has knock out power,will she do her usual of powering her way inside and then to the clinch.

She was on PEDs bruh.

Why do you feel the need to LIE and fighter bash? Cyborg popped for roids Sept 2011 and fought Baars March 2014 while being TESTED heavily because of her 2011 positive test.

Does bashing Cyborg make you feel more like a man? Its not cool to lie.

Well she can't. She was getting tagged at will by that big charmaine woman before landing that kick Cyborg is going to dominate her beyond belief. Reminder, Megan Anderson got choked out by Cindy Dandois. If she was such a great striker, she would've put Dandois away.

Megan can do a lot of things...
funny-animated-gifs-best-gifs-jon-voight-anaconda-creepy-face.gif

C6cm0AuWMAI5fqO.jpg

She Thinks she can win via using her main skills (striking). What's wrong with that?

This reminds me of when TJ Dillashaw was set to fight Barao for the title.

Why do you feel the need to LIE and fighter bash? Cyborg popped for roids Sept 2011 and fought Baars March 2014 while being TESTED heavily because of her 2011 positive test.

Does bashing Cyborg make you feel more like a man? Its not cool to lie.

LOL, this guy. Are you the one that writes the crap on her twitter page?

Stfu Cyborg has the most obvious testosterone chin ever. Her literally looks like a man's chin.

She would suck without roids. She is literally one of the sloppiest strikers I ever saw. Arguably worst then Ronda. Her manly power is the only reason she wins.
Nah, I think she is more skilled than most of her opponents and would beat them without roids... the thing is that her opponents are nothing to be impressed with having records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6 and 8-7 at the time of the fights, she has never beaten other experienced and accomplished fighters besides Coenen (like Nunes, Tate, Ronda etc) to prove she is really the best as "eye test" fans claim.

Cyborg is a beater of green prospects and journeywomen, she is no heroine who battles other battle-hardened top tier warriors like Miesha GREAT Tate.

that life and death battle with fellow elite striker Charmaine Tweet sure bolstered her self esteem

Nah, I think she is more skilled than most of her opponents and would beat them without roids... the thing is that her opponents are nothing to be impressed with having records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6 and 8-7 at the time of the fights, she has never beaten other experienced and accomplished fighters besides Coenen (like Nunes, Tate, Ronda etc) to prove she is really the best as "eye test" fans claim.

Cyborg is a beater of green prospects and journeywomen, she is no heroine who battles other battle-hardened top tier warriors like Miesha GREAT Tate.

But when fights with fighters like Tate are presented none of them want to fight her so that says a lot also.

But when fights with fighters like Tate are presented none of them want to fight her so that says a lot also.
It says that they don't want to give up a size disadvantage by going up in weight, doesn't say anything about their actual relative quality or say more than Cyborg not being willing to give up her size advantage by going down.

They are trying to keep circumstances as favorable for them as possible just as Cyborg is keeping circumstances favorable for herself by not going down in weight, nothing more nothing less. There's no reason to give Cyborg more credit than them for this, especially when those other fighters have stronger strength of schedules and better wins. Beating up 5-1, 6-1 and 6-2 prospects and 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 journeywomen while being the supposed "best in the world" is frankly laughable, and even moreso that people are impressed by this.

Last edited:

Who's presented Tate a fight w/Cyborg? The UFC?

People take it as this weird article of faith that every fighter who hasn't fought Cyborg has been offered a fight and turned it down. All with no evidence.

Last edited:
You mean like Jorina Baars put Dandois away?
Oh, wait... Baars lost to Dandois.

It's tough for people to wrap their heads around Dandois winning like it's tough for them to deal with Ryan Hall winning.

Back