If Conor-Aldo was a fluke so was Rumble-Tex

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Title says it, but not even 10 minutes ago I saw a post saying that Conor-Aldo was a fluke, people say this and I don't really care that much, but if u r gonna consider that fight a fluke u have to consider Rumble Teixeria a fluke as well.

Do u consider one, both or none a fluke?

Title says it, but not even 10 minutes ago I saw a post saying that Conor-Aldo was a fluke, people say this and I don't really care that much, but if u r gonna consider that fight a fluke u have to consider Rumble Teixeria a fluke as well.

Um clearly you do

Of course not. Conor known for knocking out guys quick, same with Rumble.

Even the first knock down against Alvarez came in the 1st minute.

It's a pattern at this point.

Um clearly you do
Not really I just feel its a point that hasn't been brought up '13 seconds'. I am not fan nor a hater of Conor I watch him fight and depending on opponent root for or against him.

Conor KOed best - he became the best.

Only people that keep bringing this up are the MacTards. Everyone else has long moved on.

Only people that keep bringing this up are the MacTards. Everyone else has long moved on.
Yeah buddy as stated in the thread it occured to me because a guy with a Rumble pic talked about Conors fluke win about 20 minutes ago

And the question is not about whether or not it was a fluke its that if u think that do u consider Rumbles win a fluke also?

You can't help but feel it was something that wouldn't happen again when you see how Aldo performed his whole career and you see that guys like Brimage, Brandão and Siver did against Conor.
IMO Aldo was too aggressive too early.

Of course not. Conor known for knocking out guys quick, same with Rumble.

Even the first knock down against Alvarez came in the 1st minute.

It's a pattern at this point.

Conor has knocked one person since 2013 and 60% of his UFC fights have gone out of the 1st round.

It was not a fluke for at least 3 reasons :

- Conor has KO power
- Conor trained for that particular counter
- Conor caught Buchinger, Aldo and Alvarez with the same exact straight left counter

Throw a right cross against Conor and you pay the price.

I mean yes any quick KO is a "fluke" in that usually a guy just gets caught with a big punch while they're feeling each other out, doesn't mean the win isn't legitimate just means a fight that goes longer is more indicative of which fighter is better/more skilled.

This is the reason many sports have 7 game series to decide the winner because one game anything can happen.

Non flukes in these examples... Both knock people out any given day.

Conor has knocked one person since 2013 and 60% of his UFC fights have gone out of the 1st round.

Always dishing out pain early man. Look at his whole career.

Even you want to go from 2013, well he finished Brimage in first, Brandao in first, Poirer in first, Siver in second, Mendes in second, Aldo in first, Lost, knocked down Diaz several times in first, knocked down Alvarez several times in first. Earlier in career he has two other KO's that are 4 seconds and 16 seconds respectively. It's not a shocker when Conor finishes fights early.

Aldo rushed in and got countered. It was that simple. Would the 2nd fight end in 13 seconds? Probably not but that doesn't mean he should get a do-over because he fought like a moron.

I don't get the fluke or lucky punch arguments. Conor and Rumble both trained to knock their opponent out they both do that often, and it worked on Jose and worked on Gus. How is that a fluke. Now would it happen every time if they fought their opponent 100 times, maybe not but fluke? Definitely not.

Aldo rushed in and got countered. It was that simple. Would the 2nd fight end in 13 seconds? Probably not but that doesn't mean he should get a do-over because he fought like a moron.
Just because it wouldn't happen again doesn't mean it's a fluke. Where do people get this logic ?

Aldo likes to claim it was a fluke but he never said it was a fluke when he beat Cub Swanson

Back