MMA Hour to stream live on Twitter.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.voxmedia.com/about-vox-...ations-the-mma-hour-to-stream-live-on-twitter
SB Nation’s The MMA Hour, the weekly live show hosted by award-winning MMA journalist Ariel Helwani, and Twitter today announced that the show will stream live on Twitter for the first time beginning June 26. The MMA Hour will premiere exclusive extended segments, available only on Twitter, for host Ariel Helwani to take and answer questions from the Twitter audience.

The live stream will be available for free to logged-in and logged-out users on Twitter and connected devices globally. Fans will be able to access the live stream at TheMMAHour.twitter.com or on @MMAFighting.

Kind of a big deal. There've been talks recently of Twitter wanting to live stream MMA events and this is a good start to that. More exposure for fighters.

Bout to be an eight-hour show.
This weeks show was 5.5 hours long. Sounds like the "exclusive content" will just be twitter Q&A so I'm not too concerned about missing the additional time.

Pretty big news, twitter sponsored periscope streams actually get a ton of views.

I watch the Dunc'd On NBA Show which broadcasts during games and they always got thousands of live viewers even though it's a pretty niche podcast.

I bet Ariel cried when he got the news:

pRpQm8r.gif

This guy is a joke.

I bet Ariel cried when he got the news:

pRpQm8r.gif

This guy is a joke.

Nothing against people being emotional, but it is rather amusing how not an episode goes by that Ariel doesn't talk about crying or getting emotional about something.

Why is this big news?
Is there more exposure on Twitter than on youtube? I doubt that.

Nobody here in my country uses twitter. lol

Back