UFC 209, 210, 211 did 300k buys each

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Per David Meltzer

UFC 208 did even worst

300k-400k is typically what most ppvs seem to fall in, which obviously WME make money off, but the problem is loss of stars:

-conor may never fight again
-brock is gone
-ronda is broken and probablt gone
-andy isn't really a draw
-jones is completely unreliable
-gsp hasn't fought in years

Obviously the most important factor for WME is the tv deal though.

300k buys is alright. You wont get any more for a good boxing match like a GGG fight or Ward-Kovalev.

UFC 212 will be worse, but hopefully they bounce back with 213 and 214. 215 should be good, depending on th- ah, fuck it. They need Conor.

{<Mcgoat}

Or Ronda
{<RR}

Smart folks over at the UFC.

PPV on the decline? Let's let go of all the people who can headline our free TV cards.

300k pays the bills. As someone pointed out above, the real money comes from the TV deals.

I could care less about how many PPV sales they had, but I do care about the strength of a PPV. 212 isn't really PPV worthy in my opinion.

Imo it's because the PPV is retarded and only the USA still insist on using it.

I have a sport channel for which I pay €27/month for, this broadcast the national soccer games, international, premier league, etc, and also other sports. That amount is already quite expensive for a sport channel, but it has everything I need to see. But no way in hell I would pay each onth around €50 just to see 1 event. I would however pay around €30/month for a complete channel that broadcasts the events.

I think BT sports in the UK broadcasts all PPV's?

And it also gives a wrong perception about the amount of people watches the events. Less and less people are willing to pay 60 bucks for a PPV, so they stream, go to a bar, download afterward etc... But more and more people start to watch UFC (at least in my country) in countries that don't have PPV. They have a channel that broadcast it or resort to other means. In Belgium there's no legal way to watch a PPV.

I think it was for UFC 205 you could stream the PPV on youtube live for €20.

I don't know how much fight pass is? But they should sell 2 versions, 1 regular one, and 1 a bit more expensive that broadcast PPV events live.

Better numbers than I would have thought for 209 and maybe 210.. about what I'd expect for 211. 212 almost certainly won't do above that.

If they can average 300k on a monthly basis they will be completely content.

damn, i guess they have to start reducing fighter pay.

US PPV system lol.

Embarrassing.

Plus don't forget they cancelled January.

There just hasin't been any big shows yet. Down period.

wme got burned...

FpcN8fN.gif

consmilehead2.png

Everyone just saving their money for the Platinum title fight.

Back