Rockold should take his fights to the ground

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Proof of this is his second Bisping fight. Whilst Rockhold has a good kicking game his boxing is lacking, especially defensively he it too exposed during exchanges and gets tagged alot. On the ground, that's a whole different game: his grappling exchanges are always brilliant and he rarely gets in bad spots and once he gains position his control and submission game are very effective.
Why keep it standing against a volume technical striker like Bisping? the chance of getting caught is always there especially if you have bad defense.
What I'm saying is that if he keeps it standing with Bisping it could go either way whilst on the ground it's a complete mismatch and bisping would get his ass kicked.

Problem is that his offensive wrestling is not great.

Proof of this is his second Bisping fight. Whilst Rockhold has a good kicking game his boxing is lacking, especially defensively he it too exposed during exchanges and gets tagged alot. On the ground, that's a whole different game: his grappling exchanges are always brilliant and he rarely gets in bad spots and once he gains position his control and submission game are very effective.
Why keep it standing against a volume technical striker like Bisping? the chance of getting caught is always there especially if you have bad defense.
What I'm saying is that if he keeps it standing with Bisping it could go either way whilst on the ground it's a complete mismatch and bisping would get his ass kicked.
You know he kicked Bisping in half first before choking him with one arm?

He has good kicks but horrible fundamentals so I hope he keeps it on the feet. I like how he always leaves his chin up too.

HIS GAME IS JUST MISSING THE
RARELY SEEN, HIGHLY REKNOWN,
DAMIAN-MAIA-UGLY-BUT-EFFECTIVE-TD.

MindlessFaintBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

I agree 100%. fight Very Long with a Lot of Movement and force them to chase. Change levels as they move in .... imo He is Most Dangerous on the Ground. He is Also a Lot Safer

You evidently Love watching him get KTFO..........LOL
Tell me you've never watched Rockhold being kicked in the head by Vitor or smashed in the face by Bisping and smiled. It's very entertaining.

Tell me you've never watched Rockhold being kicked in the head by Vitor or smashed in the face by Bisping and smiled. It's very entertaining.
Does Jumping out of your chair cheering/screaming /grinning Count???

Problem is that his offensive wrestling is not great.
Well he took Weidman down twice..
I know that first was from that stupid kick and second was from weidman being tired, fucked up.
Still impressive

Nothing against Bisping is easy despite what some Sherdoggers will have you believe so even taking him down would have been something he would need to set up and the way he was fighting he wasn't doing himself any favors in stand up nor putting himself in a position where he could easily take Michael down.

Back