Not one person gave Berto a 1% chance of winning, but Conor does right!?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had a very heated argument with two friends of mine the other day on the way to Bellator 179.

The reason why we had this argument was because I could not contain my frustrations any longer. Floyd Mayweather has beaten almost all of his 49 opponents with relative ease, only a few odd opponents made it close and took more than 3 rounds from Floyd.

With that said, outside of Manny, not one of Floyd's opponents were tipped for a possible KO win. Not Cotto, not Guerrero, not Maidana, not Berto etc. etc.

If you sat in a barbershop and asked combat sport fans, do these guys have a chance of KO'ing Floyd, most fans would say they had perhaps a 5-10% chance at best. Like it's almost impossible to even beat him over 12 rounds, never mind putting this guy away.

Yet Conor McGregor comes along with an 0-0 record and we are supposed to be "rational in our prediction".

"Oh come on, how can you say he's not even got 1% chance of winning. That is ridiculous, you're being disrespectful. He does hit hard, and he'd beat any other MMA fighter in a straight Boxing match".

How delusional are some of you?

Andre Berto was -3000 to defeat Floyd Mayweather. With that said, who wins in a Boxing match between Conor McGregor and Andre Berto? Berto of course, by stoppage 100 times out of 100 tries.

It's just getting fucking ridiculous. Educated fight fans trying to find some outside Hail Mary chance of Conor McGregor winning this fight. It's the closest thing to impossible you'll ever see in sports.

Oh, and to those who claim that Conor is the best pure boxer in MMA, need I remind you of what happened when he got cracked on the chin with 4oz gloves by Nathan Diaz? Nate is most probably a much better boxer in a ring with only punches allowed, so I wouldn't even go as far as to say Conor is the best boxer in MMA.

Watch the Chris van Heerden sparring, embarrassing. Errol Spence stopped Chris inside of 10 rounds.

Enough.

Not a lot of NOOBS even know who Andre Berto is.

Just about every MMA NOOB knows who Connie is.

The point: the more NOOBS you bring into the equation, the more stupid things are spewed.

There's your answer m8.

<{hughesimpress}>

It's hype, not real, they just want the fight to sell. I'm sure many Conor fans know he doesn't have a chance more than 1 percent perhaps but they're just standing behind their lad regardless.

It's hype, not real, they just want the fight to sell. I'm sure many Conor fans know he doesn't have a chance more than 1 percent perhaps but they're just standing behind their lad regardless.

I think you underestimate the delusion of Conor nut huggers. They have the deepest under hooks on a fighter's nuts I've ever seen. Sure, some are just hyping, but many more genuinely believe he will win.

He stands to make a lot of money, he's not there to win.

Uhm Conor wouldn't even beat Nate Diaz in a straight boxing match. In fact he's not even close to being the best boxer in the UFC. Gegard Mousasi, Masvidal, Cody, Stipe, Gustaffson are all better, legit accomplished amateur boxers

Uhm Conor wouldn't even beat Nate Diaz in a straight boxing match. In fact he's not even close to being the best boxer in the UFC. Gegard Mousasi, Masvidal, Cody, Stipe, Gustaffson are all better, legit accomplished amateur boxers

So...it shows better boxing skills not to drop someone straight, but to make him go for the takedown?

To let me get things clear...Nate is better because he made Conor go for a takedown....but Conor is worse, because he dropped Nate like 3 times?

What a 180 on his "we're not here to take part,, we're here to takeover" line.

A man can say whatever he likes and I'm sure when he's in the ring with him he will try. He doesn't think he's going to win nor dos he care though.

Floyd s like 40 years old. At thst age you can become a can over night. Tgsts the only reason i give him a chance

So...it shows better boxing skills not to drop someone straight, but to make him go for the takedown?

To let me get things clear...Nate is better because he made Conor go for a takedown....but Conor is worse, because he dropped Nate like 3 times?

Conor got outclassed when he tried to just box Nate in the first fight. He could only drop Nate in the second because his leg kicks threw Nate out of balance, in a straight boxing match Conor gets schooled yet again

I had a very heated argument with two friends of mine the other day on the way to Bellator 179.

The reason why we had this argument was because I could not contain my frustrations any longer. Floyd Mayweather has beaten almost all of his 49 opponents with relative ease, only a few odd opponents made it close and took more than 3 rounds from Floyd.

With that said, outside of Manny, not one of Floyd's opponents were tipped for a possible KO win. Not Cotto, not Guerrero, not Maidana, not Berto etc. etc.

If you sat in a barbershop and asked combat sport fans, do these guys have a chance of KO'ing Floyd, most fans would say they had perhaps a 5-10% chance at best. Like it's almost impossible to even beat him over 12 rounds, never mind putting this guy away.

Yet Conor McGregor comes along with an 0-0 record and we are supposed to be "rational in our prediction".

"Oh come on, how can you say he's not even got 1% chance of winning. That is ridiculous, you're being disrespectful. He does hit hard, and he'd beat any other MMA fighter in a straight Boxing match".

Andre Berto was -3000 to defeat Floyd Mayweather. With that said, who wins in a Boxing match between Conor McGregor and Andre Berto? Berto of course, by stoppage 100 times out of 100 tries.

It's just getting fucking ridiculous. Educated fight fans trying to find some outside Hail Mary chance of Conor McGregor winning this fight. It's the closest thing to impossible you'll ever see in sports.

Oh, and to those who claim that Conor is the best pure boxer in MMA, need I remind you of what happened when he got cracked on the chin with 4oz gloves by Nathan Diaz? Nate is most probably a much better boxer in a ring with only punches allowed, so I wouldn't even go as far as to say Conor is the best boxer in MMA.

Watch the Chris van Heerden sparring, embarrassing. Errol Spence stopped Chris inside of 10 rounds.

Enough.
so you obviously lost the argument with your friends

Conor will KO him stiff with the touch of death in the first.

Enough.

Some good points...but why do you get turned on with Conor getting outlcassed by one of the best boxers?

Conor is in the for the money...and most of the "fans"...are just trolling. NO matter if you like Conor or not 90% of the posts are pure trolling.

People will downplay everything someone they hate does....Even if Conor gets the one in a million shot and hurt Floyd (Floyd is old now, look at Silva what age can do with your speed)..even if he SOMEHOW hits Floyd..people will downplay it. "Lucky Shot" "Floyd is old" "Floyd wants the rematch money"

Look at all the Aldo, Alvarez, Nate 2 threads....how man people, dislking Conor, gave him credit.

On the other hand you have people how wanna swallow his shit...and yes that bugs me too....but c'mon dude. Don't be a hater and don't listen to the nuthuggers...just be rational.

I can't stand THE Chris...but boy do i have to give him some credit? Of course i could downplay everything he did, but that's something a sore loser does.

No, because Nate actually trains with world class boxers.

Take everything away from Conor, put him in Boxing gloves and a Boxing ring and let's see how good he is.

The guy was sparring with Chris van Heerden and was getting lit the fuck up. Do you even know who Chris is?

If takedowns were not allowed, Nate would have stopped Conor, brutally. Meanwhile, Conor knocked Nate down 3 times, and how many times did Nate get back up? All 3, and finished better.

so you obviously lost the argument with your friends
Well you simply cannot win with people who don't want to listen to reason.

I asked them if Jose Aldo was scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather would you give him a 1% chance and they said no.

At that stage, the bias is clear.

There's maybe 3-4 boxers right now that people would give a chance against Floyd.

But fuck it, I THINK CONOR CAN DO IT!

wat? God damn people are dumb. This is such a dumb fight.

Conor got outclassed when he tried to just box Nate in the first fight. He could only drop Nate in the second because his leg kicks threw Nate out of balance, in a straight boxing match Conor gets schooled yet again

How is landing 28 vs 23 strikes in the frist round and losing the second after 33 to 54 strikes "being outclassed"

If Nate is easily the better boxer (what the term "outclassed" includes) how did Conor manage to win the first round without leg kicks straight on the feet?

Wait don't say it...Nate was saving his energy and used his face as a shield?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back